jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (31 posts)

Thanks HubPages for the New Robotic Vacuum

1. agilitymach profile image98
    agilitymachposted 3 months ago

I just bought a new robotic vacuum with my earnings from part of this year from HubPages.  Usually I spend my HP Paypal money on things for my dogs like leashes, tags, crates, training devices, etc.  I have wanted a robotic vacuum for years now, so I snatched up a Neato pet hair vac.  I can't wait for it to arrive.

What cool things have you bought with your HP mad money?

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Like you, dog stuff - we have six.

This payday, I used HP money to buy my daughter a Snowball microphone for her upcoming birthday.

I've thought about robotic vacuums, but our GoldenDoodle sleeps in the living room and he'd probably kill it... or be so terrified of it he'd climb the walls smile I'll stick to my purple fairy wand (Dyson cordless).

agilitymachposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Glad to know I'm not the only one letting my HP money go to the dogs. big_smile  Giving your daughter a gift is a nice way to spend it.

I have high drive herding dogs who already attack my upright vacuum.  There will be a bit of a training curve with the new vacuum, but they will soon learn to leave it be.  I wish I could let them attack it AND have it still work great, but I suppose it isn't designed as a dog toy too. big_smile

2. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I can feel the '10 Best Snowball Microphones for Mountain Dwellers' coming on. Too niche?

1. theraggededge profile image94
          theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Too late for me sad But go for it.

Off to walk up the nearest mountain, isn't it now, boyo.

1. Will Apse profile image88

Sounds like a plan. I'm off to Google Snowball Microphone to see what they are...

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 3 months ago in reply to this

I'm not usually too conscious of what I spend my HP money on; I just see, "Oh, good, money" and get something to eat with it, buy some tylenol, or whatever else I need at the time. It comes in handy, no doubt about it.

3. eugbug profile image93
      eugbugposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Usually gadgets, mountain bike parts, tools etc. The engine on my cement mixer finally snapped a con rod after mixing loads of concrete so it got a nice new replacement engine thanks to HubPages!

1. Will Apse profile image88

My dad used to say stuff like that. Never knew what he was talking about, lol.

1. eugbug profile image93
          eugbugposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes - Mental note, must stop talking shop!

2. DrMark1961 profile image90
          DrMark1961posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Mine is more biological. I used my HP earnings from several years to make a down payment on a small cocao plantation that is over run with macacos (mostly capuchins), prequiças, kuatis, jacarés, teuis, and thousands of biting insects that I have no interest in identifying.

1. Solaras profile image91
            Solarasposted 3 months ago in reply to this

How are the little macacos doing?

1. DrMark1961 profile image90

Okay, but there is still some illegal hunting going on in the area. Capuchins are one of the dishes out there, if you can believe it!

That sounds very unappetizing.  sad

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 3 months ago

Food big_smile

I'm not a budgeter so all my money goes in the big pot!

My HP money would roll into the same pot too except it goes into Paypal where it sits separately from my bank account.  I don't have it set up to go into my bank account from there.  Thus, I know exactly where my HP money goes.  Food is good though.  Very good and very important. smile

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 3 months ago

I rarely look at individual earnings, but just bounced into an author that earned over $3600 in the last payout. I believe where she lives in the US, that's enough to support a person.

We like to see Hubbers doing well and while most of us make bits of dough, it's still nice to be able to take the kids out for burgers or have a little secret stash with HP funds.

$3,600 would be nice, and a person could live on that pretty easily where I live.  I'm pleased for her!!  Mine, of course, was well short of that, but I am thrilled with my extra stash of cash.  I'll wait another six months and go buy something else fun.  I really do want a Manners Minder or Treat-n-Train machine to train my next agility puppy. big_smile

I also use my money to rent movies since I do so through PayPal, so HP keeps me entertained as well.  Interesting information Paul.  Thanks for posting it.

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Where I live I would definitely be living comfortably on $3600 a month. If I made that on HP I'd immediately quit my job and relax for awhile. It really is good to know some people are making that much money here.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
          Barbara Kayposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I think you'd need a couple thousand hubs. There is a lady writing here that has that many.

2. Solaras profile image91
      Solarasposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Inspiring!

3. Chriswillman90 profile image90
      Chriswillman90posted 3 months ago in reply to this

That's amazing because I thought anyone making 1,000+ per month was a rare feat but it's nice to know that higher end earnings can and do exist.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure the number of people earning over $1,000 a month is still only a very small percentage of Hubbers.  At one time I knew a few people who earned over $2,000 a month but now I don't personally know anyone making that.  It's good to know there's one person at least who's doing spectacularly well.

4. Chriswillman90 profile image90
    Chriswillman90posted 3 months ago

I'm happy I've been able to use my earnings to pay a few bills the past couple months. It's amazing what some extra cash can do every month.

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

I've just used this month's online earnings (combined website and HubPages) to pay for us to fly interstate for the weekend, so my husband can reunite with his daughter, whom he's been estranged from for several years. 

Probably the most worthwhile thing I've ever spent it on!

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 3 months ago in reply to this

That's awesome! I spent my online earnings (HP and Website) on a week long trip to Italy earlier in August.

2. agilitymach profile image98

That is a very worthwhile use of the money.  I hope all goes well.  Lobo - that's a wonderful use of your money!  Italy would be wonderful to see.

3. gerimcclym profile image84
      gerimcclymposted 3 months ago in reply to this

That is beautiful, Marisa. Thanks for sharing that.

6. Barbara Kay profile image86
    Barbara Kayposted 3 months ago

I started out saving for my husband's retirement. Along with other money, he was able to retire at 62. Now I am saving for an extra special vacation. The money I earn from my website goes into the checking, so it just goes to help pay bills.

7. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 3 months ago

Wikipedia. Macaco - a musical band from Barcelona

Surely they don't eat these!

1. DrMark1961 profile image90

I don´t know, they have some pretty strange dishes out there.

working