jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Tips on Personalized Gifts to Stay More Connected i

1. Asoul profile image59
    Asoulposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

This is my my first post on  hubpages and I haven't passed the first step. Please help me understand what needs to be worked on or any crucial instruction that I may have missed.

Tips on Personalized Gifts to Stay More Connected in Our Relationships (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image93
    Rupert Taylorposted 3 months ago

My first reaction is that your headline is too long. Try to identify the essence of your story and boil it down to a three of four word title. What will somebody type in a search engine window if they are looking for the information you offer. Something like "Gifts to Strengthen Love?" Not sure that's quite right but you get the idea.

The are a few writing problems "Here are some handful gifting tips ..." Handful?

"Gift Giving during holidays ..." giving should be lower case.

"The most important gift of I Love You. Whether they are written on ..."  What's the period doing in there? Also gift is singular so it should be "whether it is ..."

The Hub seems a little short and I'm not sure its contents are unique. There are masses of helpful tips here on HP requirements:

https://hubpageshelp.com/

1. Asoul profile image59
      Asoulposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thank You Rupert for pointing these things. Is there a requirement for number of words?

3. Rupert Taylor profile image93
    Rupert Taylorposted 3 months ago

My understanding is that 700 is the minimum, but I've seen comments in forums that claim less is OK. However, when editing a Hub there's a panel top right that says "Need some goals?" and it starts at 700 words.

1. Asoul profile image59
      Asoulposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes, that's what I saw, hence the confusion. Thank you so much. Appreciate it.

working