jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

By what means are the hubs moderated ?

1. 58
    StuffsInterestingposted 3 months ago

It's not clear by what means are the hub moderated. So I'd like to know before comitting to hubpages.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi StuffsInteresting,

You can find a guide to our moderation policies here: https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/Lear … -standards

2. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 3 months ago

I think bats, astrolabes and Yoda are all in the mix.

1. 58
      StuffsInterestingposted 3 months ago in reply to this

OK thanks that confirms what I read here http://hubpages.com/community/forum/925 … ed-4-times it's just a small team that decides.

So it's like dictatorship if let's say I write an article on Apple products and they do hate Apple they will dismiss it.

Why don't they use the whole community to moderate like everywhere else : stackoverflow have millions of users are well referenced on Google so this is much more efficient.

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 3 months ago in reply to this

If your page was dumped immediately there was probably a reason. Why not work out what the reason was and write a better one?

2. theraggededge profile image93
        theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

If you write an article on Apple products, it is likely to be rejected - think how many other articles like it are out there. However, if you write a hub on how to deal with a specific issue with a certain product, i.e. an article which is going to be useful, then it will probably be published.

HubPages is not a marketing website. It's aim is for writers to produce interesting articles which are informational, well-written and entertaining. Just like a print magazine.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Stackoverflow is a completely different kind of website:  people join it to share information and network with other professionals, not to post articles to make money.

As soon as you bring money into the equation you attract a lot more spammers and scammers.  HubPages did rely on community moderation for a long time, but it wasn't enough to keep the quality high.  You might feel they have now gone too far in the other direction, but they are doing their best to protect their business.

working