Profile vs. Bio

1. Garry Reed profile image90
    Garry Reedposted 6 weeks ago

I created a profile back when I set up my account but now I've discovered that I'm also supposed to write a bio as well. Why both, what's the difference, where will the bio appear (I know where my profile appears) and what is the purpose of attaching some of my articles to my bio?

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Your bio will show up on the article. You can choose specific bios for the type of article that you have written. Your bio should show your expertise on the articles topic to help build trust and confidence with your reader.  We highly recommend authors creating specific bios. Thanks for asking!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Very very few readers will ever read your profile - that exists mainly to introduce yourself to other Hubbers.  The vast majority of readers arrive at HubPages from Google, and probably don't even notice who you are. Such readers are usually looking for information on something, so they are far more likely to look for related Hubs than to wonder about who wrote the Hub. 

I know it's a blow to the ego but it's the way HubPages works!

So your bio is your one chance to let your readers know a bit about you, because it shows on the Hubs you choose.