jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

multiple hub topics

1. 75
    marcuscaineposted 7 weeks ago

Is it possible to have different hubs about different topics or do we have to stick with one topic?

1. lions44 profile image93
      lions44posted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

You can write hubs on a broad array of topics. More variety might bring in more traffic.

1. 75
        marcuscaineposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you. My article got a hubscore of 67. Do you know what that means? is that good or bad?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
          Sherry Hewinsposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

It does not really matter, but 67 is pretty good for a new hub. The score will change.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

The choice is yours.  I chose some time ago to keep two sites: one for my niche and another to write whatever I like. It seems to work well for me, but maintaining two sites is also more work.  Welcome to HP and good luck!

2. firstcookbooklady profile image81
    firstcookbookladyposted 7 weeks ago

Well. It means you should use better keywords. Picture a person typing something into a search engine like Google. Let's say Cat Toys. Google will search around the internet and pull up every page that has the phrase Cat Toys on it. If the subject that you have is perhaps Six Uses of the Word 'The", you may not find anyone that will search for your page.

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 7 weeks ago

Welcome to HubPages Marcus. You write very well and your hubscore should increase over time. A few things you can do to speed things along:

1. Add your author picture.
    2. Break up your paragraphs some more.
    3. Use title case on all your subtitles.

I see you included an author bio for your hub and that's good, but adding an image of yourself will also improve how readers relate to you as an author.

White space is important, especially for people reading on the Internet. Many views come from smartphones. With a small screen, you need to make it easy for those readers. Shorter paragraphs will help. When writing for the Internet, paragraphs should only have two or three sentences.

As for title case, that means that each word should be capitalized, except common words like 'in' or 'the' unless it's the first word.  You did it right with your main title.

Besides all that, you really are off to a great start!

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 7 weeks ago

Welcome to HubPages. You are off to a good start.

I write on a large variety of topics - including finance, quilting and genealogy.  Sometimes I will write on a subject I have recently researched for myself, such as health.  To me, this is actually a good way to see what the demand is for articles on the subject. (There are other ways to do this.)  When I find a subject that does well, I usually write a couple of articles on similar topics and link them to each other.

I know you didn't ask for critiques, but I am offering some friendly advice nonetheless.  This is true of everyone, including myself, and I noticed some minor issues in skimming over your hub and profile.  On your profile, the spelling of "Independant" should be independent. You also spelled America wrong.

On your hub, sometimes you wrote McMullin and other times Mcmullin.  It would be good to be consistent.

The fact that these minor issues are drawing my eye speaks to the quality of your writing.  You write well overall.  I think it is a good reminder for everyone, including myself, to go over an article after it has been written for spelling and other issues like these.