jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

amazon ads

1. 60
    Dave Blakeposted 2 months ago

Can I put an amazon ad on my first featured hub, or do I already have to have one featured hub before using the amazon ad service?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Amazon ads are already part of Hubpages, they are added automatically when you connect your Amazon account to your profile. Adding extra ones is just going to end up breaking Amazon rules about ads per page etc.

2. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 2 months ago

I never pay attention to the rules around the HP playhouse, but I think you can certainly put an ad on.  You won't get paid for it, and they may not keep the ad on, choosing to substitute one they think is more appropriate, but I think you can do it.  Hell, do it and find out.

3. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 2 months ago

Yes you can place an Amazon Capsule or a text based link via the Link option which allows you to search amazon and place a link. You are not allowed to link direclty, since it needs to go through the program for the 60-40 share. Psycheskinner is talking about Adsense, Amazon has no limit per article. But HP has their own quality guidelines that you need to satisfy.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

You're right, I was having a brain fart.

1. iwrite100 profile image78
        iwrite100posted 2 months ago in reply to this

"Brain fart"
        This made me chuckle.

working