jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Hubpro with red exclamation mark

1. thebarefootpa profile image82
    thebarefootpaposted 2 months ago

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask (?) - but I received an email re my latest hub being 'snipped' - and, the article shows under my account with a Hubpro icon and red exclamation mark. On checking I see that all the edits were removal of images.  Anyway, I think the red exclamation mark might just be so that I check the changes made, and learn from where I went wrong, in this case too many photos.
    Or, is there another reason for a Hubpro icon and Exclamation Mark? Appreciate your answers, thank you.

1. ezhang profile image
      ezhangposted 2 months ago in reply to this

The red exclamation mark is merely to notify you that it's there has been an edit to your Hub that you have not checked. Some users with edits done to multiple Hubs may find it difficult to notice a newly edited Hub without the exclamation mark.

thebarefootpaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

That makes perfect sense, thank you so much ezhang

1. Jean Bakula profile image97
          Jean Bakulaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I also have a lot of hubs that still have the red exclamation point. I've made changes and corrections on them. How am I supposed to "check" that I've done this?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
            Sherry Hewinsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Click on the pencil icon, then click view changes.

2. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image86
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 2 months ago

Your hub may be edited so that it could be uploaded into one of their niche sites.  I've had that done a couple of times on some of my earlier ones, and I've had a lot of them moved to niche sites, which is quite an honor for me.

thebarefootpaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Gina, yes that's what the email said, but I didn't really understand that stuff either - from what you say it seems they get moved to a niche site without you having to do anything, is that right? Or am I supposed to request the move ? ... I did try moving but still very new and needed to be earning or something, which I'm not ... thanks for your response

That still doesn't make sense to me. All the hubs with red exclamation points in my account were moved to niche sites mostly in mid June. Although pictures and Amazon hubs were deleted, I rewrote, added new pics, and took mostly all Amazon capsules off, except for a few. The red exclamation marks remain.

It makes it so that now it's very hard for me to see if any new hubs have been edited. Plus I was not notified often when they were moved. I have many hubs that were edited and moved that were not marked too. You aren't being consistent.

I know where to find what niche they were on, but since one third of my hubs were moved, I have to look at that messy page and now nothing really stands out. I can't improve them any more, I've done all I can to revise them, and almost always went with what Hubpro wanted, unless it was something to confuse my readers.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that the hubs were moved. But I have a messy account page that really isn't a reflection of what is moved, edited, etc. Maybe I'm being compulsive, but if anyone looks at my A/C page, it looks like I ignored all Hubpro advice, when I acted on all of it.

If you click on the green pencil icon (with the red exclamation point) and then click view changes, it will show you what changes were made by the editor. Once you do that, the red exclamation point should go away.

If you just open the hub and edit it the normal way, the exclamation point will not go away.

Ah, thank you. I don't recall ever hearing that before. All the red exclamation points are gone. It looks much neater!

Glad to hear it!

working