jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: History of fashion illustration

1. Francisca Azuh profile image61
    Francisca Azuhposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub History of fashion illustration. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi Francis,

There are a few issues with your hub - nothing major and easily fixed.

Run your text through the online Grammarly or Hemingway app. They are free to use. They should pick up most of the problems.

Check your spelling - there are several typos.

You use passive voice a lot, and while it's becoming more acceptable, it makes your writing a little 'clunky'. For example, the first sentence:

"Fashion illustration can be said to be a type of art that deals with the communication of fashion through drawing and paintings."

'Can be said to be' is passive voice. Most of those words aren't necessary. You also have to assume that your readers know what the word 'illustration' means. So...

"Fashion illustration is the exciting art of communicating fashion designs. It appears in magazines, advertising, and promotions."

That covered your first two sentences. Get short and snappy. Use words that lift the article - exciting, innovative, brave, radical... etcetera.

Be careful of copying text from Wikipedia - your hub won't be approved if your words are very close to another article/s. Besides, your page will never be able to compete with Wikipedia, so make sure you add some really interesting facts that most people won't know.

Once you go through the hub and remove all the unnecessary words, it will be too short. As it is a big topic, I'm sure you can find lots to add to it.

Good luck.

1. Francisca Azuh profile image61
        Francisca Azuhposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks alot.

2. Francisca Azuh profile image61
        Francisca Azuhposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks alot I just made some corrections like you stated earlier. I'll like to know if they are ok. I'm new and I really need guidance.

2. 59
    Laraib Asadposted 2 months ago

M new ..can you Tel me what are doing on this page?

working