jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)

Living Relationships...r u agree ? Y/N..why?

1. apeksha profile image59
    apekshaposted 7 years ago

Now a days we are finding so many couples are staying together without marriage..
    If they are out of their native place,then they use 2 stay with him /her..for mental satisfaction/ physical..etc..
    How does it started n where?
    I am not agree with this relations..Now its became legal in many Metro cities,,but still I am disagree with that..
    Those are ending up marriages n so cultures are changing...No real love remained in world...as people are using use and throw strategy..
    What do you all think?

2. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I dunno apeksha - I'm just divorcing. And for sure was a really stupid thing I did the day I married. So I'm a bit in both camps.

Sometimes, it's just words on paper. Othertimes, marriage is all it's meant to be - a union of two people, love, a bond. Brings meaning for some, cements a relationship for others - I could go on.

And I don't believe that just because you aren't married love doesn't exist either. Though I understand what you mean about a throw-away society.

I'm going to go away on ponder on this one.

apekshaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh ,,,,bad..but don't worry u will get better than that..
      its only a subject..never mind..sorry if I hurt u..
      thanks for sharing ur emotions...

3. frogdropping profile image86

Hey no hurt caused Apeksha! I'm totally fine. And nice of you to feel you'd an apology to make (which you haven't) because that shows your heart. Kudos smile

ya as as you said m very emotional and have feelings for people with tragidies and thanks but dont think that you are lonely we all hubbers are your fans and net family,,,   smile
      isn't it?

4. frogdropping profile image86

Absolutely lol

5. aniketgore profile image68
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

Sometimes its good sometimes its bad depends upon situation.

which situations?
      R u agree?
      Y/N
      good?how?

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I personally think that people should live together before they decide to get married , then they know exactly what they are getting into. And if people choose not to marry at all and remain living together then that is their right and no one elses business.

1. sassychic profile image60
      sassychicposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Even though I am much younger than many of you in this topic I agree with Uninvited writter. My mother on teh other hand born and raised in a catholic and conservative culture extremely disagrees with me.

2. apeksha profile image59

Its not my business...
      Forget about marriages in court and church forever .......
      you all people will end marriages and so culture,...

7. Anna Marie Bowman profile image90
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago

I have been married, and been divorced.  I currently live with my boyfriend.  We have both been married in the past, and know that the legal aspects of marriage change so much about a relationship.  We do everything the same as any married couple, just without the legal paperwork.

Divorce became normal thing in western culture but not in our India...

8. LondonGirl profile image92
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Dead relationships don't have much to recommend them, for sure.

I don't think it matters. Each to his own!

9. Aya_Hajime profile image60
    Aya_Hajimeposted 7 years ago

I think that living together is a very good trial run before marriage. If it doesn't work out, then you can split up without having to go through all the legal hassles.

If it does work you, then people can choose to have it in writing or not. For me, it is more of a legal rights issue rather than a love issue.

10. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 7 years ago

Its an interesting issue in my point of view, I feel that you should live together for a little time then decide if it really truly the one you want to be with for the rest of your life and be with til you die. I lean more the traditional way on this supbject except for the beginning part. Anyway I have to say that my cousin lived with there significant other for a while and then they decided they were'nt ready for marriage. THey broke off there engagement and are great friends to this day. Both are hapily married to other people and are open about the past to eachother.

11. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I totally agree with uninvited Writer. I lived with my husband before we were married, and I am glad we got that experience out of the way before marriage. Living with anyone new is very hard to get used to. I would reccomend it, but of course it's not for everybody. It's a personal choice. I wasn't raised in a strict or very religious home, so it wasn't frowned upon, which makes a difference.

12. Anamika S profile image73
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

I don't think you need a piece of paper or a 'mangalsutra' or 'ring' to commit yourself. Even in Hindu religious books there are mention of 'panigrahan' or gandarva vivah' which are not actually marriage in our terms.

I have nothing against marriage or live in relationship. It is a personal choice and everyone has the right to live the way they want.

you try Gandharv vivah in Indian culture and then try to face community...they all will throw away....

working