jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Two questions

1. TessSchlesinger profile image92
    TessSchlesingerposted 6 weeks ago

1. Why do my videos have just a black screen. For instance, I have 3 videos on here, but two of them just appear to be black.

http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy … -Astrology

2. A few days ago, one of my hubs had a huge jump in traffic. Hubpages didn't tell me where it was coming from, although later I figure out it was Pinterest. Why doesn't it give where some traffic is coming from?

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image98
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

With respect to #2, you should be able to see where most of your hub traffic comes from by going to the hub, clicking on "stats" in the black bar across the top of the hub and then choosing the "referrers" option.  You can see info, by day, week etc...

You need to be logged in to see that info.  Good Luck!

TessSchlesingerposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

The stats didn't showed the traffic, but it didn't show where it came from. It should have, but it didn't. I was wondering why. It's not the first time that has happened.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Have you clicked on the black screen to see if the video appears?  If not, the video may have been removed from YouTube or wherever.  However, usually if it has been removed you'll see a notation on the stats page that there's a problem.

As far as knowing where your sources are, just click "traffic sources" at the top of your page and that will give you an idea.

For more specific info, go to Google Analytics, Acquisition, Social, Overview and scroll to the bottom to see where your social networking views are coming from.  You can even click on each one to see which pages they viewed and how many times they were viewed.

Thank you. The videos do work when I click on them, but it doesn't look very enticing to readers to see just a black screen. So I think it must be my laptop or the slow bandwidth on my laptop or something.

I'm happy to know that they are showing. smile

Thank you, yes, for where to look at the figures. I had forgotten about that. sad

2. PaigSr profile image47
    PaigSrposted 6 weeks ago

I checked out your page and there were four videos with no black screens. I was able to launch them all. This was done using Windows 8.1 and three different browsers. IE, FireFox and Google Chrome. Each gave me the same results of showing the videos. Things to try. 1 - different browser. 2 - clean out the temps and cookies on your current browser(s). 3 - restart your computer. 4 - a different computer and or different operating system.

Part two I haven't really thought about or looked into at this time.

Okay, thanks. I think I cleared my temp files a few days ago, but will do. I can't figure how if the videos don't show because my download speed is slow or something or whether its' something else. But then if you can see it, it's just happening on my side.

Thank you for clarifying that because it was happening in other hubs as well. smile