jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Is your Body your Boss?

1. Harms profile image79
    Harmsposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Is your Body your Boss? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

First, your title.   If you were publishing this article in a fitness magazine, it would be a good title.  On the net, not.

Ask yourself, how many people are likely to be typing "my body is my boss" into Google?  To get readers, you need to rank on Google search.  If Google can't match your title with words people are searching for, you won't rank.  Titles in print can be catchy - titles online need to make it clear what the article is about.

Second, photos. Did you find my photo Hub yet?   The fundamental rule is that you must credit the photographer.  Google is not the photographer.  The easiest way to avoid the whole problem is to use Pixabay.com - all the photos on that site are free to use without attributing the source.

To give you an example of why this is important:

For your yawning woman, if you click on the source link to the Google search page, then click on that photo, then click on "visit page" so you can see who it belongs to, you'll find yourself on a stock photo site where the photo is for sale.  If you use it free, you're breaching copyright and you can be sued - for far more than the cost of the photo.

If', on the other hand, you'd clicked on the photo and found yourself on a website which had NO indication of who took the photo or whether it's copyright, you might think it's fair game. Not so.  All photos on the internet are copyright unless specifically marked otherwise, either on the photo or somewhere on the site.   If it was supplied to the website by one of the big stock photo suppliers like Getty Images, they do monitor the use of their photos and have sued bloggers who steal the photos for thousands of dollars.

Finally, links.  HubPages is VERY strict about links. If you are going to link to a website or product, it must be directly relevant to the main topic of the Hub.  So, your link to an exercise website is probably fine (although I would tidy up the link so it's not a random half a sentence), but your link to a website about happiness is probably not.

3. Harms profile image79
    Harmsposted 2 months ago

Many thanks for sharing your rich experience with me, it is honestly enlightening!
    I did check your post on photos, but have to admit my computer skills are limited from using it only in the Education field. When it comes to wen usage, I am just learning to crawl.
    Thanks again.

1. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Your English is a second language. You also need to do some spell check...
      The topic you are writing about needs some focus. Besides changing your title, you should also reformat the body of your writing so that it is consistant with your message.

2. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

The image issue is important. It's possible that you could be landed with a bill or sued if you use someone's intellectual property without permission. Someone did it to me (took half a hub and published it as their own work) and I sent them an invoice of £250. They paid it.

working