Title/Subtitle Capitalization and Sizing Notice

1. herownwings profile image82
    herownwingsposted 6 weeks ago

I was given some suggestions to improve my article before it would be moved to one of HubPages network sites, one of them being the Title/Subtitle Capitalization and Sizing notice. It says: The title and subtitle of your Hub help your reader to navigate your article and get an idea of whether they trust or distrust your content. Proper capitalization goes a long way towards making your article reader-friendly. We recommend using standard titlecase when formatting your titles and subtitles. See the APA guidelines for guidance. Additionally, using standard font sizing (the provided title and subtitle fields as well as Heading 2s) allows your reader to follow the structure of your article more easily.

I even went to the APA guidelines page and I wasn't able to find anything wrong with my title or subtitles. Everything seemed to be fine, but I'm hesitant to submit my article b/c if it doesn't meet their guidelines it won't be accepted. What should I do?

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Not sure which page you mean. Both are interesting but have a few similar issues.

You are probably bolding too many phrases, rather than giving proper H2 or H3 headers.

The text blocks could be broken up more (for easy reading).

You could also look at using callouts as section headers (callout capsule), which is the vogue among editors.

Also, it is usually best to use a pic at the beginning. And ditch 'Intro'.

One other thing... I reckon you are taking some pics without permission. You need someone to deliberately give you a creative commons licence to reuse a pic, normally.

This is a Google image search for 'Kombucha' with the filter set for 'labelled for reuse' ie the images have commons licences.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=kombu … tbs=sur:fc

Dunno if any of those will help. If you want pics that are public domain, (pics you use for any purpose) try pixabay.

1. herownwings profile image82
        herownwingsposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Cool, thank you for all the input. I will have to do a bit of editing it sounds. I really appreciate your help!