jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

linking some hubs

1. Anita Hasch profile image79
    Anita Haschposted 2 months ago

Hi, I have 15 hubs under the same category. How do I link 15 hubs and will it improve my views?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

You can link them in the text, just make sure the Hubs are all about the same subject or you will be penalised for irrelevant links.  By that I mean, it's not enough that they're all about health - they must be about the same aspect of health.

For instance, you have two Hubs of recipes for herbal tea.  At the end of the first one, you could add a sentence saying, "You can find more recipes in this article" and link to the second one.  But it wouldn't be allowed to link to, say, your Hub about superfoods because that has nothing to do with tea.

By the way, the quality of some of your photos in those Hubs is very poor and I'm surprised HubPages has not unFeatured or unpublished them for that reason, I think you've just been lucky that a moderator hasn't noticed them.  I wonder if you're downloading them the wrong way?

I'd suggest deleting half of the photos, anyway - most HubPages' readers are reading on their mobile phone or tablet, and the layout is different.  Try editing one of your Hubs, click "Preview" and look at the Mobile preview, and you'll see how the photos appear above the paragraphs - so one photo every couple of paragraphs is really enough, unless you've got very long paragraphs.

Anita Haschposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Yes I agree, the images from the scan of pregnancy are not very clear. However photos from pregnancy scans that I have seen never seem to be very clear. I feel if I take them out the reader might miss a interesting part of the development of the fetus. I download my images onto my cell phone and then onto my computer.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

It wasn't the pregnancy scans I was talking about. It's the pictures in the tea Hubs.

If you are downloading photos to your cell, that's where you're going wrong.  Check your settings on your phone - it may be that it's set to reduce the size of the photos as they're downloaded (to reduce download time or free up memory).  Alternatively, your phone or your computer may be set to reduce the size of the photos when you transfer them, to speed up the transfer.  Whichever it is, it's resulting in grainy photos.

Is there a reason you can't download photos straight to your computer?

I will download from computer in future. Save on data by using the cell. Thanks for the input

3. Chriswillman90 profile image93
    Chriswillman90posted 2 months ago

I've always wondered if I should get rid of some pics because they're too much. How could that affect my articles.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Preview the Hub in Mobile View and see how it looks.

Ask yourself, will the reader keep scrolling down past these photos?  Or will they lose interest and click back to look for something else with more useful information and less pretty pictures?

People will scroll past one photo, but in Anita's case some of her Hubs had two or three photos in a row, which is too much.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image93
        Chriswillman90posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Good point, I try to space them out but should look at previews more just in case since most use mobile nowadays.

2. Anita Hasch profile image79

Thks Marisa, I will check my hubs when I have the time to correct that.

working