jump to last post 1-24 of 24 discussions (37 posts)

How much back to your young age you can remember

1. Lgali profile image48
    Lgaliposted 7 years ago

I just remember my self up  when I was 6 years old before that I can not go back

1. 0
      shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i can go back till when i was 1 years old.

1. Lgali profile image48
        Lgaliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

YOU are the best..

2. 0
        shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i forget to mention that ,

my grandfather named me as shreekrishna when i was 1 year old ,

i only remember my grandfather face ,

that day was the birthday of lord shree krishna

shree krishna :: a great human hindu god.

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I can remember a long way back. From what I'm told (when I've mentioned stuff I remember to my dad) I was about 3 years old. Before that, nothing really.

TBH most of it was crap and not worth remembering. Pity my memory isn't in the hands of someone with a greatly happy childhood!

3. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

Hmm...well, noting that I'm already crazy...

I think my first big memory would have been when I conked my head on a badly placed (and sharp!) corner in my house, trying to carry a blankie and pillow back to the couch to sit next to my mother as a toddler.

Wow, what a trip. I was watching myself above everyone else. I don't, however, recommend trying to invoke such a thing in the manner I did. Especially if you're a tad bit older---the young heal quick. ;P
    At least physically...

G|M

4. lafenty profile image88
    lafentyposted 7 years ago

My memory is very sketchy.  Bits and pieces really, but I guess back to about first grade - 5 or 6.

5. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Wow G|M! My first memory was drowning. Cool huh? My older brother and I were on a lilo thingy, on a lake, with my dad pulling us along the water. First chance he got my brother pushed me off. Sank like a stone so I did.

Don't know how long I was sucking water but I was in a bad way when my dad found me on the lake bed.

Anyway, that set the pattern for my brothers continued attempts to affect my demise. And he wondered why I kicked ten bells out of him when I was 13 - which is one of my favourite memories - the shock on his face when he knew he was losing. To a girl. A small one too tongue

6. JamaGenee profile image87
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

Age 3, when my little brother whacked me in the back of the head with a sandbox shovel and drew blood.

1. Lgali profile image48

that is very nice way to remember.Hurts even imagining

7. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

Obviously a smart one, for sure. wink

I remember drowning too..I think I was like four, though, a few years after the whole out of body thing.

Ten bells huh? Did he spit out tickets so you could take it to the front counter and get a cool prize? Like a giant stuffed frog?

G|M

P.S.

Apparently, brothers are friggin' mean. If it helps, I was a premie, and my sister was older by four years. She's the one that dished it out on me.

1. frogdropping profile image84
      frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No G|M he didn't. He shat bricks instead. He always was a 100% useless brother.

My younger brother was fine as a kid though. Bit damp to sleep with unfortunately, he pee'd the bed 'til he was 7 hmm

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
        GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just remember kids, urine is sterile. Kevin Costner even drank it! wink

8. 62
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

I remember this nurse saying " Is anyone going to claim this?"

1. Lgali profile image48

very nice nurse male or female?

9. aniketgore profile image69
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

6-7

10. Ana Louis profile image83
    Ana Louisposted 7 years ago

My son told me several times as he was growing up that he could remember being born.  I always accepted his statement as a true memory, although logic agued otherwise.  I can remember an incident when I was two.

11. Kelsey Tallis profile image78
    Kelsey Tallisposted 7 years ago

I was about 3 years-old. We had just come back from vacation and my parents couldn't find the key to the front door. The only window they could get open was a very small one that only I could fit through.

I remember feeling kinda scared because the house was so dark and quiet and I was not used to being alone in it but my dad kept talking to me through the window as I walked across the living room and unlocked the door.

Does anyone have a "happy" memory from that early? It seems it's usually something scary or traumatic that we remember from that early on...

Frogdropping, you crack me up btw!

1. Lgali profile image48

3 years old is the best memory

12. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

A happy memory...

I remember coming home from one of my frequent doctor's appointments as a kid (being a premie sucks!) and my sister hugged me and said "We're going to Chuck. E Cheese!" big_smile

Luckily, as a kid, I didn't know what good pizza was. But I loved them video games and any animal that can play a guitar is alright by me.

G|M

1. Lgali profile image48

you have really nice memmories of all food

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
        GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

haha, not really. Chuck E. Cheese is most known for being an arcade. =P I actually don't eat much...food's just not my pipe of crack.

But until they invent meal pills, I'm stuck masticating.

G|M

1. Lgali profile image48

thnaks for update

13. Shil1978 profile image88
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

I can remember things that happened when I was around 4. One image that I remember is me standing at the edge of a playground watching the other kids play - I was a shy child and it was tough for me at that age to make friends. That one image has kinda stuck with me!!

1. Lgali profile image48

4 is early for me

14. Amanda Severn profile image90
    Amanda Severnposted 7 years ago

At not quite two, I remember listening to my Mum's tummy to see if I could hear my little sister 'playing football'. I also remember playing with an elasticated string of ducks stretched across the pram. I was probably about a year old.

15. lawretta profile image51
    lawrettaposted 7 years ago

I remember and loved when i was 19 in college, it was fun!!!

16. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I definitely remember pre-school. I'm not sure about before that. So I guess 3/4 years old? I had a crush named Max who was in my class. The playground had wood chips that always got stuck in my shoes. My teacher had a gold tooth. I got sick at my preschool "graduation" and threw up at the restaurant afterwards.

1. Lgali profile image48

thnaks for the info I can only go back to 6

17. trish1048 profile image80
    trish1048posted 7 years ago

Two years old, going to pick up my brother who had been living with our grandmother.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I get flashes of when I was a baby...really. I swear I remember lying in a crib with people standing around me; also another one being in a crib and seeing butterflies flying around me (my wallpaper was butterflies). But, after that I really don't have any memories before 5.

19. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I remember back when my parents where moving and I was standing on my mother's lap. I remember a bridge and when I told mom about it, she told me I was 18 months old, and she remembered that was the move from the midwest to the west coast.

20. 0
    LAmatadoraposted 7 years ago

I have a scary memory of being a baby in my great grandmas house in San Diego and being in my play pen...and being picked up but no one was there...and then being sat back down in the play pen and then my mom came and picked me up...weird!!! (( TWILIGHT ZONE))

21. Trekkiemelissa profile image82
    Trekkiemelissaposted 7 years ago

3 for me when I had to have eye surgery.

22. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I remember quite a bit that went on when I was three, and a few things that happened when I was two.

23. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

One event I remember before I was one, but most of my memories start around the age of two and three.  After kindergarten my memories are mostly crystal clear because I always had an obsession with remembering years and dates, so I used to memorize my memories for fun.

24. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

I remember standing on a box looking at the snow out of the window.  I must have been three years old because I was four when my brother was born and he was born in September.  I know this memory was before my memory him being born.

working