The benefits of writing beginners' guides

1. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 2 months ago

HP like 'stellar hubs'. To write over a thousand words on any subject means you need some elbow room.

Often, it is difficult to know what level to pitch a page at. What should you assume people know?

Beginners' Guides solve both of the above problems. You assume no previous knowledge and can explain everything from scratch, and in detail.

There are plenty of beginners for most subjects out there and there are plenty of people with moderate knowledge of a subject who will read a beginner's guide to pick up extra info.

Do it right and a beginner's guide becomes a link magnet, too.

Right now, the niches are in their infancy but some of them have genuine potential and could become high authority sites.

I reckon it is worth putting serious effort into occupying some hard-to-rank for, but high traffic subjects.

Of course, that is just my opinion.

1. makingamark profile image75
      makingamarkposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I've certainly had most success writing the "how to" or "comprehensive" article about something that seems to me to be very basic. What's more "boring topic but basic" is a winner every time!

You'd be surprised the things that are in fact not covered well on the Internet - or covered in a very superficial way only.

1. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Yep, anyone who needs income can do a lot worse than clarify an everyday issue.

And, as I said, these niche sites are wide open now. The chances that a topic you want to cover is already covered, is remote.

working