jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Satisfying Hunger, Seeking Safety

1. Glenis Rix profile image84
    Glenis Rixposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Satisfying Hunger, Seeking Safety. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

I have now changed this hub three times. On the verge of giving up! I'm beginning to wonder if the time that I spend writing hubs is justified.

1. Let-freedom-rigng profile image61
      Let-freedom-rigngposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Read it, but lost interest. Keep readers engaged is my suggestion.

2. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi Glenis, it seems to wander off in different directions, from philosophy to cannibalism to the current migrant crisis and civil disturbance. I understand how they link to the premise of survival but perhaps you should focus on one aspect? That's just my opinion though.

Your images may be the main problem. The first one is from the Washington Post and is likely to be copyrighted. There's another from the Sun. Make sure your images are legal-to use. You can't take images from Pinterest either.

The article just ends under three graphs. There are no descriptions that tie the graphs to the content. You could add something there and finish with a conclusion that's related to the intro.

Glenis Rixposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for your very useful feedback. I'm going to unpublish the hub for the time being and incorporate some of your suggestions when I have a few minutes to spare.

1. Let-freedom-rigng profile image61
          Let-freedom-rigngposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Good luck, I think it is pertinent, to take your time before hitting the publish button.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

Glenis, have you read my Hub about using photographs legally?

Glenis Rixposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I will look at it, Marissa. I assumed that since these photos are several years old, and because the  webpages have buttons for sharing to facebook , g+ etc, it was ok to use them.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

Those buttons are for sharing the webpage, not the photos on their own, so no.

It takes many years before copyright expires.

working