FAQ Addition - Rights to HubPro Edited Hubs

1. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 3 weeks ago

I asked for clarification as to what rights are owned by which parties on hubs edited by HubPro last year after one of my hubs was chosen for modification. The only answer I got was that we still own all the rights we previously had to the text. I never got any further clarification and have now bumped into an issue created by a lack of information about the rights to the photos added to my hub by the editor.

As it currently stands, if an online magazine or other website wishes to feature your hub with HubPro-provided images on it there's no easy way to give them permission to use an image or so to entice their readers to click through to your hub. HubPages could authorize us to allow such uses of the images by putting a sentence on the matter in the FAQ.

It makes sense to grant such a blanket permission to hubbers because requests from popular publications are usually time sensitive as such publications almost always work on very short deadlines. The lack of this information closes doors to free promotion for both hubbers and HubPages.

Please add a sentence to the FAQ that allows us to give others permission to use HubPro-provided images from our own hubs so long as such use promotes the exact hub they are taken from and/or HubPages as a whole.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Kylyssa, Thanks for the question. We've had the policy that Hubbers are free to do what they like with the content added via HubPro. You're fine if you would like to have someone use it to promote your article.

I'll see what we can do to add it to the FAQ.

HubPro in conjunction with the topical sites is going to become a much larger part of what we do. We want the assets to be easily understood by authors, so this is a good time to address your question more formally. Thanks for posting this.