jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Coffee and What You Need to Know

1. marykae profile image60
    marykaeposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Coffee and What You Need to Know (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image92
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Think about what information you are offering that can't be found on sites like Wikipedia. Decide who your average reader is likely to be and what they are looking for when they come to your hub.

Go here: http://hubpages.com/food/coffee/6420 See how people have drilled down into the coffee niche? Your article is too general... and therefore too short. Here's one that works really well: http://hubpages.com/food/My-History-of-Coffee Look how much information and research is in it. The writer also adds in her own experience to make the hub come alive.

Try not to treat readers as if they are clueless. You start off by saying that coffee is something many people know and love and then you go on to tell us how to order a coffee in a coffee shop.

Read through the hub - you have some sentences mixed up. For example "Ever wonder where coffee comes from?" is placed right before "Why regular coffee is served in a cup black or with some sugar and cream.." It should be placed before the bit about Ethiopia. You still don't tell us where it comes from today or how it is produced, or shipped, or sold.

Check your grammar, sentence structure and punctuation. There are several issues.

Hope that helps.

2. dangerouslydelish profile image60
      dangerouslydelishposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I personally don't think the title attracts my attention. I think I like articles where, when I look at the title, I have an idea of what the content is going to be. A little more specificity would probably have a stronger appeal!

Also, perhaps break up your text with more pictures, and some variation in formatting (like bold fonts for headings). Make it easy for your readers.

2. Skian profile image79
    Skianposted 3 weeks ago

Hello Marykae,

Theragggededge is definately the best reviewer and her thoughts are the most helpful you could found on hubpages.

Your hub as said is too general, instead of writing in a single capsule without any headings try creating the same hub using outlines i.e give suitable heading to each paragraph.Also include the data in form of points so that it could be easy for the reader even if he scrolls down the page too early.

All the best with your first hub,

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 weeks ago

Your hub is a random sort of collection of facts.  Change the title to show what specific questions you will be answering and sharpen the focus.