jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Can I disable Adsense ads on selected Hubs only?

1. alikhan3 profile image90
    alikhan3posted 2 months ago

Currently my hubs are running ads through both the HP ad program and Google Adsense (External Affiliate). I am thinking of disabling the Adsense ads on a few hubs only considering that it will raise the CPM of HP ads.

Disabling on only a few hubs because if I disable it altogether my Adsense account will go inactive so I want to keep a small activity on it also.

Keep in mind that when you run both HP ads and Adsense ads, revenue on Adsense dramatically reduces because most ad units are from HP ad program. That said, the little revenue generated on Adsense will take ages to reach $100.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 months ago in reply to this

No, it is not possible to turn off only some of the ads on a page. You can either disable all ads on the Hub or leave them running in the configuration HubPages displays.

alikhan3posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Okay, I guess that solves the query.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

I don't think you can, but there would be no point anyway.  It will not raise the CPM of the HP Ads.

When you have HP Ads enabled, the ONLY Adsense ad that appears is at the very bottom of the Hub.  By that time, readers have already gone past all the HP Ads.

If you see Adsense ads elsewhere on your Hub, they are displayed as part of the HP Ads program, they are not direct Adsense ads.

3. alikhan3 profile image90
    alikhan3posted 2 months ago

I was wondering if removing that last ad in the bottom could raise the cpm of HP ad-units .............

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

Why would it?

Fewer ad units on a page may raise the competition for specific ads and hence the CPM.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I think that argument is valid ONLY for Adsense ads competing with other Adsense ads.

Maybe that could be the case .... but I just wanted to experiment and see what exactly happens.

working