jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

If your "Page RPM" is $125, for instance, what does that mean exactly?

1. dangerouslydelish profile image61
    dangerouslydelishposted 2 months ago

And how is this different from "Impression RPM"?

1. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 2 months ago in reply to this

It is how much you get paid per thousand views.

2. promisem profile image95
      promisemposted 2 months ago in reply to this

RPM or revenue per thousand is a term that measures the performance of both page impressions and ad unit impressions.

If you have 1,000 page views, they generate $10 in revenue, and each page has one ad unit, the RPM for both the page and the single ad unit is $10 because each is delivering 1,000 impressions.

If the page has 5 ad units, they are now delivering 5,000 impressions (5 units X 1,000 page impressions). The page RPM is still $10. But the average ad unit RPM is $2.

For the record, RPM is the revenue metric for publishers. CPM or cost per thousand is the same way of viewing the results, but from a cost perspective for the advertiser.

2. clivewilliams profile image79
    clivewilliamsposted 2 months ago

I don't understand...are you asking about RPM or CPM? because you asked about RPM and then ask how RPM is Different from RPM. Anyways.
    RPM is the revenue your earn per 1000 page views Cost Per Mileage (CPM) refers to the cost an advertiser is willing to pay for every 1,000 viewable ad impressions for a single ad zone.

1. dangerouslydelish profile image61
      dangerouslydelishposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Definitely RPM. That's what it says on Google Adsense.

I have a lot for the Page RPM and pennies for the Impression RPM. I asked because I thought one was supposed to be CPM and I googled about it and still don't understand.

1. clivewilliams profile image79
        clivewilliamsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

maybe you need to add more ad units and your content maybe targeting very low paying ads

2. NateB11 profile image91

I've never considered the difference. Here's how I understand the difference: Impression RPM has to do with how often someone sees an ad. Page RPM has to do with page views.

Now, not sure I have this right, but this seems logical to me: Page RPM is measuring how much you are making on a page - this would include all the ads and clicks on that page. Impression RPM would measure how much you make per ads seen; so just for each single ad.

Again, I'm just using logic there, someone else can chime in if they have the exact answer.

1. NateB11 profile image91

Here's an aside: Often higher paying ads don't get as many clicks and often come from lower trafficked posts. Higher traffic often, not always, means lower paying ads. However, all that traffic ads up. Still, some people choose the low traffic higher payout per click route. But those are usually SEO marketing experts that know how to work that particular game.

working