jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: When Did We Lose So Much Respect For One Another?

1. Highway Ent profile image62
    Highway Entposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

this is Highway Ent I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub and let me know what I need to correct in order for my article to be published/featured thank you! When Did We Lose So Much Respect For One Another? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 months ago

At first glance, your Hub has too many large blocks of type. Break them up into smaller paragraphs. Another issue is that your images are not credited; they must be in the public domain or your Hub will not be featured.

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Or published under a Creative Commons license, which is not the same as Public Domain.

Pexels and Pixabay are two good places for images - they don't even need attribution although it's good to mention where you got them from. You can also find CC licensed images on Flickr, but you must check each one as there are different versions of CC licenses. Some you must use 'as is', others you can edit (by cropping, resizing etc).

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

That actually isn't true.  The team does not monitor images or use the fact that they are not properly credited as a basis for featuring.  However, you can be sued if you "steal" photos without permission or do not use free public domain photos.

3. Highway Ent profile image62
      Highway Entposted 2 months ago in reply to this

how do i credit the images? thanks.
      also, i tried using the creative commons and pixbays and they didn't really have anything that relates to the content i posted.

thanks for listening.

1. Rupert Taylor profile image94
        Rupert Taylorposted 2 months ago in reply to this

To credit images you click on the edit function on the photo capsule. This opens up cells into which you can insert credit, url, and caption.
        Appropriate images can sometimes be hard to locate, but you have to persevere and be creative in what you are looking for. I usually, spend a lot of time searching for images. Flickr and Google images filters that allow you to search for public domain photos. There are other sites; you have to dig around.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 2 months ago

The hub reads like one long personal rant.  It's the sort of stuff that might be better suited to a personal blog, than a site like HP, where factual and how to articles tend to do much better than personal opinion pieces.

Rather than big blocks of text, it's better to have bite-sized chunks of information with subheadings, lots of interactive things like polls, facts presented as bullet points, videos etc.

Although the English (spelling and grammar) is fine, the article is not structured into a coherent argument made up of specific ideas arranged in a deliberate order, rather it reads as a meandering stream of consciousness.

The HP help pages were very helpful when I started out and contain lots of great tips regarding all the above.

1. Highway Ent profile image62
      Highway Entposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback, Even though it's not published yet it's cool to see people actually look at my potential article. I will follow your advice thank you.

working