jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Broken link

1. SheilaMilne profile image89
    SheilaMilneposted 3 weeks ago

I have a broken link warning on one of my hubs. It is highlighted within the hub but, as far as I can see, it isn't broken. I have re-inserted it and re-published several times but it's still showing as broken. Any suggestions?

In its published state, you can still access the link (with a warning) even though it is crossed through, and it does work.

2. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 2 weeks ago

I've had the same problem on one of my Hubs for a long time now. Hoping we can fix this problem. The link that is tagged as broken is not only a good link but links to a very good academic article that is kind of crucial to my Hub. I'm especially concerned about this because I think the Hub might be a candidate for a niche site and I'd hate for the link to get edited out at some point; I've left the link on the Hub because it is a very valid and important link.

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 2 weeks ago

Maybe is it possible that the link you're using is redirecting? If so, it may be failing the "good link" test for that reason. 

Do a Google search for "301 redirect checker" and test your link with one of those tools.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks Glenn, I'm going to check it.