jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Obesity- Causes , Diseases, and Easy Ways to Lose W

1. Neelam Ramani profile image78
    Neelam Ramaniposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Obesity- Causes , Diseases, and Easy Ways to Lose Weight.. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Here are the problems as I see them:

Edit the title so the comma is in the right place. There shouldn't be a space before a comma or period/full stop.

I'm afraid this is simply recycling information that is already out there x 1 trillion. What are you offering that is new, different, unique?

Weight loss is one of those red flag topics on HP because there is so much of it. Also giving diet guidance is seen as medical advice, so you should include a text capsule that summarizes your qualifications to offer such advice.

You using an image of a book that you don't link to. Could you find a better legal-to-use image to illustrate your hub?

Remove the link to the diet. Asking people to click elsewhere for the actual information they might be looking for is frowned upon.

Are the two Amazon products directly linked to your content? You might think so, but they aren't. Anyway, delete one of them. Or better still, delete both and replace with the Zoe Harcombe book.

I see this hub is over three years old, so it is probably a sign that HP is trying to cull hubs they think are superfluous. So, you are going to have to make it more competitive by adding useful information that can't be found elsewhere on sites with more authority.

Good luck.

Neelam Ramaniposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for your response and valuable tips

2. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 months ago

I would add to theraggededge's comments that the English language usage is problematic. It's not horrible like some of the pieces that appear here for review, but it is laboured.

e.g.
    A person having a good metabolism rate may not put on weight too easily vice versa if a person whose metabolism rate is slow may become plump very soon.

Better

A person having a good metabolic rate may put on weight slowly, versus someone with a low metabolic rate who is likely to become plump more quickly.

Neelam Ramaniposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you so much.

working