jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

With the closing of Examiner......

1. cmahan profile image80
    cmahanposted 8 weeks ago

With the closing of Examiner I have 100s of articles that I have no place for as they do not fit any of my own websites, nor do I have the time to start more niche sites.

I was thinking of bringing them here to HubPages, which would help beef up my profile again as well as give me a online portfolio again for my work.

One of the questions I have is a lot of my content was celebrity news. There is no way to backdate items here on HubPages. I was trying to figure out a way to date them or word it somehow in the body of the article that it was older news or something.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how I could go about doing this?

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 8 weeks ago

Evergreen hubs work best so if you can somehow manage to update the celebrity articles to make them general, that may help. Otherwise, you may need to post them elsewhere.

3. Jayne Lancer profile image89
    Jayne Lancerposted 8 weeks ago

I agree with Stacie L. above, but the only date that shows up on a hub is the date it was last updated and not the date it was first published. You can also choose not to display a copyright notice (e.g., © 2014 Jayne Lancer).

You could perhaps include an update on the "old news."

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 weeks ago

There's no way to backdate, and anyway if it's "old news" then there's not much point in publishing them on HubPages:  they'll get so little traffic that they'll go unFeatured (which means they'll be effectively invisible).

I'd suggest putting your evergreen/current articles on HubPages, then start a blog on Blogger to host the "old news". 

I didn't know Examiner had  closed.  Another one bites the dust!

1. cmahan profile image80
      cmahanposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you. That is what I figured. I am not worried about the traffic. I just wanted to use them as a portfolio. I have enough of my own websites to handle LOL and didn't really want to start another.

1. Sgt Prepper profile image60
        Sgt Prepperposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

If any of your articles were previously published elsewhere HubPages will not publish them. I am very sorry to hear Examiner is shutting down but should have expected it. Globe & Examiner were the only tabloids that printed the truth about Obama's birth and illegality.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes they will.  HubPages will not accept any articles which are CURRENTLY published elsewhere on the internet - but if they are removed from all other sites, you can publish them here.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

If you just want a portfolio, then start a blog which is just for your portfolio!   You don't need to update it just because it's there - set it up, create an About Me page which presents your skills as a writer - and then forget about it.

If you put them on HubPages they'll be getting unFeatured or snipped or .... so they'll be less work sitting on a Blogger or Wordpress.com blog.

If you put them on Wordpress.com you can set the date of publication.

working