I'd like feedback on my Hub: American Folk Music, Past, Present & Future

1. James M Becher profile image57
    James M Becherposted 9 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub American Folk Music, Past, Present & Future. I have removed several product links.  The 3 remaining Amazon links I listed are for products which I personally own and endorse.  What else can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. lions44 profile image93
      lions44posted 9 days ago in reply to this

Mr. Becher, I just read the work.  Here's what you need to change:
      1. First two paragraphs and particularly the opening sentences of each of those paragraphs.  "I wrote this ...." and "The links below...".  They change the tone of the article into a set of instructions instead of letting your work flow. Kind of fragments the work.   For the first paragraph, just start out with "American folk music..."  Just go ahead and make a declarative statement.   

2.  The overall formatting is a little disjointed.  I keep using the word "flow," but I can't think of a better description.  The reader should be able to go from topic to topic seamlessly.  I struggle with it myself all the time.  Whenever I'm writing a hub, I constantly say to myself to remember to make the article flow. 

3.  The hub seems a little short. Re-outline it and look for spots where you can add more detail.   I always use the 3-5K word rule for mine. Although I have a few that run about 2500 because I edited them down.

Love the topic.  So I can't wait to see the final product. Good luck.  If you need anything else, just let me know.