jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Pinterest can be your goldmine for increasing visitors

1. Kelley Eidem profile image80
    Kelley Eidemposted 8 weeks ago

Here is a heads up if you're looking to increase your page views.

In the last 24 hours, Pinterest has been the source of over 1,100 visitors to my Hubpage along with nearly 3,400 in the last week.

They've sent nearly 50,000 visitors overall. What is so amazing about it is that the incoming visits could be coming from Pinterest posts from years ago. Pinterest just keeps giving and giving and giving.

Tweets have a shelf life of seconds for producing any activity. Facebook activity usually has a shelf life of a day or maybe two. But one Pinterest image can last for years and years because Pinners keep sharing it! Even if your image gets you only 10 visitors a day, that daily rate can result in 10,000 over time until it explodes to 1,000 in a single day as has happened to me today.

You just have to keep posting images there, OR MORE IMPORTANTLY, inviting people to post to Pinterest for you from your own website. Sooner or later a "winner" that people like could catch fire as has happened for me today, years after I first invited my readers to Pin my now free book to Pinterest.

If you've got an interesting photo that creates interest, you could score faster than I have.

I don't know which image has turned into the actual hot Pinterest photo that has resulted in this explosion. It could be a recent visitor to my site who Pinned it or it could just be from an older Pinned image. In either case, it's all good!

Kelley

1. Rangoon House profile image83
      Rangoon Houseposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Kelley - this is so encouraging to read - congratulations on well-deserved results for your efforts. I have been spending more time developing Pinterest than anything else recently, so your news couldn't be more timely.

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 8 weeks ago

I have to agree that Pinterest provides many visitors to my hubs...not thousands but they come in second after G.

Kelley Eidemposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Here is an update, the last 2-3 days the 24-hour count has gone up to over 1,500 visits - in fact at this moment it's exactly 1,600. No idea how long it will remain there.

In any case, the long term benefits of Pinterest shouldn't be overlooked. In recent months Pinterest has sent anywhere from 150 to 300 visits a day prior to this recent increase.

In the interest of accuracy, 1,262 of the visitors are from Pinterest in the last 24 hours.

3. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 7 weeks ago

Given the focus on Pinterest, I reckon a pictorial contribution to the discussion is appropriate:

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13236725.jpg

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 7 weeks ago

Create MFP images - mine regularly go viral on Pinterest and it means you can get your audience to work for you and repeat your success over and over.
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12661979_f1024.jpg

5. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 7 weeks ago

It is tempting to satirise this page and that was my intention with the gulls.

But I reckon if WryLit is going to run together natural birth with quack cures for cancer, it is sort of out of the range of mild humour.

I don't know what to say, really. I'll just settle for a sigh.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I didn't know gulls quacked.

1. Will Apse profile image91
        Will Apseposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

There is actually a mallard in that pic, which is entirely intentional. I can tell you it was tough getting those birds to pose...

Anyway, here is another Pinterest friendly comment:

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13236996.jpg

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Eye see what you did there.

6. KellyOn profile image61
    KellyOnposted 7 weeks ago

Was interesting to read, thanks. I like Pinterest and use it quite often

You're quite welcome!

7. flockstation profile image60
    flockstationposted 7 weeks ago

Generally Pinterest for fashion marketing and its is image sharing site. Today most of cosmetic accessories, makeup accessories, and so many products like nail polish, lipsticks, eyebrow, eyeliner etc..

You can generate maximum revenue on cosmetic product, and you can also promote your pins, set Pinterest analytics so easily determine which pin is more repined and liked.  Create attractive board which help you to gain visitors and Daily follow 30-40 boards which have many followers and many pins.

My site have daily 150 visitors from pinterest but its maximum bounce so kindly share those pin who looking for people.

8. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 weeks ago

I've never had any luck drawing traffic from Pinterest, I guess I'm not pinning the kind of stuff that users there are looking for.

I still use my Pinterest account but it's mostly for my own amusement, saving pix of cool movie/TV/comic book/rock n roll/pop culture junk.

9. India-Nepal profile image87
    India-Nepalposted 7 weeks ago

Wow, this is great information, thank you for inspiration. Pinterest did drive a large amount of readers to my previous website, but I wasn't even using it - readers would just pin the images.

So maybe I should try it again, or simply post interesting enough images so that readers would be encouraged to share them themselves. Thank you for taking time to share this useful advice.

You'e welcome. :-)

10. JG11Bravo profile image94
    JG11Bravoposted 7 weeks ago

Totally true.  I use it for exactly nothing else and it absolutely drives traffic.  I still get people pinning images from stuff I wrote three years ago.

Kelley Eidemposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Fantastic!

My traffic from Pinterest had slowed down to 200 to 100+ a day for a month or so, but today it's back to 1,169 visits! The previous six days shows about 1,900. Most of that might have come in a single day, maybe yesterday?

So get your Pinterest images out there! You never know when one of more of them will pay off long after you or someone else posted it.

working