jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

How to get some followers?

1. Rafa Baxa profile image86
    Rafa Baxaposted 7 weeks ago

I have been on hubpages for some months now and I have published 8 articles now. I have seen people get followers after writing fewer articles than me. Even after all these months I have failed to get even a single follower. Are my articles not upto the standards to get any followers? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

1. Robert Sacchi profile image87
      Robert Sacchiposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

How is your traffic?  It isn't so much the number of articles as the amount of traffic on the articles.  A single Hub will 1,000 hits will probably generate more followers than 8 Hubs with a total of 100 hits.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Not really.   Followers are not readers - they are other Hubbers.  You can have millions of readers but if they're all from outside HubPages, you'll get very few Followers.

Robert Sacchiposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

You're technically right but it is the law of averages.  Most likely a percentage of your hits will be Hubbers.  If there is a big mismatch between Hubber hits and outsider hits that could spell a problem.  Do you know if there is any way of telling the difference between Hubber hits and outsider hits?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

No you can't tell, and yes of course a percentage of your readers will be Hubbers.  My point is that no matter how many views you get, the number of followers you can get is limited, because the active Hubber community is not big.

Robert Sacchiposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Point taken.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Followers are other Hubbers.   If you want followers, you need to get other Hubbers to notice you - that means reading and posting interesting, intelligent comments on their Hubs, participating in the forums and using the Q&A section.

However, do bear in mind that having followers doesn't make you any money.  It's an internal HubPages thing, so we can all motivate and encourage each other.   You make money by attracting readers from OUTSIDE HubPages and they are not followers.

2. always exploring profile image85
    always exploringposted 7 weeks ago

The best way to get followers is to follow other writers. You can't expect followers if you do not read and comment on others hubs. Hope this helps....

3. Rafa Baxa profile image86
    Rafa Baxaposted 7 weeks ago

Thanks guys! Your replies helped a lot. I've been lurking around reading on hubpages without as much following too. Maybe that's exactly what is happening to me.

Thanks for the help and also for reading and commenting on my hubs!

working