jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Music samples

1. Oztinato profile image84
    Oztinatoposted 7 weeks ago

I want to do a hub about boogie woogie and include sound samples of my work. What's the best way to go about that? Is it OK to do that?

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I've always wished that HP would include a sound capsule, but they don't, so I use the video capsule for my guitar hubs and show the written music (notation and guitar tab) on the video screen while the music plays. You can see what I mean if you click on any of my "guitar arrangements" Hubs.

I used to use Windows Movie Maker to assemble the still pics of the music in a sequence and add the audio, but unfortunately Windows 10 doesn't include Movie Maker. I hear it's still available if you look for it, so I might do that or find an alternative.

It's certainly OK to do what you're proposing as it's your own work. In my case it's Public Domain music, so no problem there either.

Oztinatoposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks. I just wanted wavs but I'll have to try YouTube.
        What about links to soundcloud?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

You would be limited to two per Hub.

Oztinatoposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Ok that's fine. Thanks

2. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 7 weeks ago

I think you'd have to use YouTube; upload the music to a YouTube video and then put the video on your Hub. As far as I know there is no longer a feature here where you can upload videos directly to a Hub. And there is no sound capsule as already stated by Chasmac.

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes - That's what I meant, Nate. I upload to YouTube, then embed them into my Hubs.

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Okay, makes sense. I was thinking that's probably what you meant.

working