jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

HubPages Network Site

1. Sulabha profile image81
    Sulabhaposted 6 weeks ago

Dear HubPages Forum,
    I am once again turning to you for help, suggestion, and advice. This time for my Hub- Faulty Self-Communication: Pratyusha, Her Fan, and Indian Farmers Discussed.
    While I accept to carry out all corrections that have been marked so as to have it moved to niche site HealDove, I have a question regarding the first point made- that I should mention 'suicide' in the title.
    Initially, I had used the word 'suicide' in the title but had immediately got the warning  -that my title contained words that could result in my Hub not getting featured or not be accompanied by ads.
    I then checked on the Internet and came to the conclusion that all search engines were a little wary of the word 'suicide' in the title.
    I assure you, I will carry out the rest of the corrections that you have marked.
    Warm regards,
    Sulabha Dhavalikar

1. chasmac profile image100
      chasmacposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Your first photo is a watermarked stock library photo that hasn't been paid for (hence the watermark still showing). I didn't check any further.

Sulabhaposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Oh, ho! I will sure check that!
        But while collecting photos/images, I had always typed for free images. I am surprised, how they allowed me to download it!
        Thank you,
        Sulabha Dhavalikar

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, you can download photos but that doesn't mean they are free to use.

Stock photo sites allow you to download watermarked photos so you can try them out and see if they will be suitable for your use.  If you decide the photo is suitable, you can then buy the photo.

I have a Hub on how to find photos legally, you'll find it in the slider on my profile.  I suggest you read it before you get sued!

Sulabhaposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you, Marisa. Thank you, Chasmac.
            I am following the advice given by both of you.
            Regards,
            SD

working