jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Warning: Blog stealing writer's work

1. Dean Traylor profile image83
    Dean Traylorposted 6 weeks ago

Hello to all fellow writers,

the following site Pitlane Magazine (pitlanemagazine.com) has stolen several articles of mine. They've been doing this for a while, considering that one article dates back to my Helium days. You may want to find out if they took anything from you. At this point, I'm gathering whatever information I can in order to report them. If you've dealt with them, however, and you have the proper information to get the ball rolling against this site.

Thank you.

p.s. The site chose its name wisely. It is very close in name to a legitimate website about racing.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Send them an invoice for each stolen article.

2. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I wanted to  check for my articles but my security software is warning me to not open it

3. Dean Traylor profile image83
      Dean Traylorposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks to all that responded. I've taken the steps to rectify the situation. The thing that gets me is that this site has been doing this for years. And, it appears they had targeted Helium...meaning they culled these articles for three or four years (although most of these articles were published on their sites in 2015 and early 2016).
      To date I found more articles. The remainder had been taken down before Helium went belly-up and they haven't been re-posted by me since then.
      I've used whois.com...which helped for a site like this. Still, it's annoying,...

1. Dean Traylor profile image83
        Dean Traylorposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Word to advice other former Helium writers: if you plan to republish an article, make sure to check this site to see if it was illegally published at Pitlane Magazine.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago

working