jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Previous-Next Buttons

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image82
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 6 weeks ago

I know people have answered the question before, but how do you add "Previous" and "Next" buttons to you want people to read in order?  I know there's a simple way to add previous and next buttons at the bottom (perhaps the top), but what IS that simple way? 

Thanks, to whomever can answer this questions.

Cheers,
    "Katy"

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

There used to be an easy way to add them at the bottom, it was called "Groups".   HubPages has now retired that feature.  There isn't a way to do it now.  If you try to make your own, it will probably be disallowed.

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image82
        KatyWhoWaitedposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Marisa,

As usual, you have a finger on the pulse of hubpages here.  And THANK YOU.  I thought I was going crazy because I remember that there was a way to do it and couldn't find it.  Now I remember.  It was GROUPS.  Geez... I had let these go, unpublished and went to blogger to post them and got no responses.  These are the letters from Vietnam.  They need to be read in sequence.  I'm beginning to think I should transfer all of them and make an ebook or an app.  However, the capsules here really are helpful for the comments I added alongside the letters.  UGH!  I remember that you are brilliant about this type of technology, so if you have any ideas for me, throw them my way.  I had, put previous and next buttons on the bottom and hubpages seemed ok with that, but it's a lot of work.  However, it's not as much work as copying all of these 60 plus hubs over again into an app or ebook.

The one advantage of an app is that I can offer the letters on the day they were printed to give the reader a vicarious experience.  Well, back to work.  Thanks for your comment - VERY helpful.  At least I won''t keep looking for "groups" that don't exist !!!!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago

HubPages is not a great place to write articles that need to be read in sequence.

Putting them on a blog would be a good idea.  If you are not worried about making money, then Wordpress.com is a good choice because you can follow other blogs and people can follow yours back, meaning you get more of a community feel. 

You can put them on a blog AND also publish them in an ebook, no problem with doing both.  Use BookTango.  Put a link to the book on the website, there will be people who want to buy the book so they can own a copy of all the posts.

working