jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

I need some feedback

1. Mr-Article profile image77
    Mr-Articleposted 6 weeks ago

Hello,
    I need some feedback on this hub. Why it isn't featured? I already edited it a couple of time and read advices for others but without a good result.
    http://hubpages.com/business/9-public-s … more-yours

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image80
      SakinaNasir53posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Mr-Article
      I think you can make the following changes:
      1. The first paragraph has a few errors and can be written in a better way.
      What are the words that we associate with public speaking? Fear, sweat, faster hearbeat, audience laughing at the lack of your knowledge.
      Many times in life at a business conference, or a family reunioun you will face with this challenge.

No matter, how scary it seems, as any skill, it can be mastered.
      Here are 5 public speaking tips that will help you out in your future public speeches.

I am rewriting this below:
      Fear, sweat, faster heartbeats and the audience laughing at your ignorance, are the key words a person associates with speaking publicly. Be it a business conference or a family reunion; you will face this challenge many times in your life.

It doesn't matter how scary it seems, it can be mastered like any other skill.
      Here are 5 speaking tips that will help you out in your future public speeches.
      {Spelling mistakes: hearbeat-heartbeat, reunioun-reunion and some sentence phrasing errors,}

2. Under body language, I found a spelling mistake:
      Some people can get stuck in the moment during the presentation. We can lose our focus and be owerflown and defeated by our anxiety.
      {Spelling mistake: owerflown-overflown}

3.They deal with same problems as you do, paying the bills, finishing projects before the deadline, being nervous when speaking in front of a crowd.
      { After you have finished adding commas, put "and" and complete your sentence. I have noticed this many times in your hub.
      Correction: They deal with same problems as you do, paying the bills, finishing projects before the deadline and being nervous when speaking in front of a crowd.}

4. What happens when two people are talking with the third person at the same time? Will that person understand anything? Probably not, unless it has superpowers.
      Correction : What happens when two people are talking with the third person at the same time? Will that person understand anything? Probably not, unless he/she has superpowers.

5. It's ok to make a mistake. Make an eye contact and don't read the slides.
      Correction: It's okay to make a mistake. Make eye contact and don't read the slides.

I hope this helps you. You might want to recheck your hub for spelling mistakes and errors.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I have to say that I think your first paragraph rewrite is nowhere near as good as the original.

I just rephrased it again. I felt the phrasing could be better, I am not saying it's bad. Just helping out here...and I found spelling mistakes. HubPages won't get your hub featured if there are errors like that. They need proper grammar mechanics. If you cannot appreciate my editing or views, please don't depreciate either. I know what it feels like to not having a hub featured. So, I just wrote what I felt. I am not pressing anyone to say what I wrote is the best or anything. Nothing personal Marisa, but everyone has their own way of viewing. ☺

2. Mr-Article profile image77
        Mr-Articleposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you, SakinaNasir53 for pointing out my speeling mistakes. smile
        I appreciate it. The hub is featured after two corrections actually (removing the amazon capsule and editing the Source of the image, I put a link as a source so the link was long like www.pixabay.com/......., but I just edited and put pixabay and it was featured after that. However, I didn't notice these spelling mistakes even if i red the hub a few times searching for them. big_smile

Thank you for your appreciation and you are most welcome! ☺ Good luck for your future hubs!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago

It looks OK to me.  I'm guessing the problem is the Amazon capsule.   These days, HubPages require that you say a few words about why you recommend this book above any of the other books they could buy on the same subject.

1. Mr-Article profile image77

thank you for responding, Marisa. I removed the capsule and published it again, but still needs improvement. sad Any other ideas?

2. Mr-Article profile image77

and once again, thank you too, Marisa. It worked big_smile

working