jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Replying to a comment help

1. weezyschannel profile image86
    weezyschannelposted 5 weeks ago

OK, along time ago I used to be able to just click on the reply  button when somebody had a comment… I have not found this feature in a very long time and I do have one hub that has almost 200 comments and it's very hard to reply to each and every comment: they seem to be everywhere is there something that I missing?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

If you go to My Account, then to Comments, you'll find a list of comments with a Reply button.  If you've got your Hubs set so that comments are automatically approved, then you'll need to select "Moderated" to see the list of comments with the Reply button.   

However, note that your reply won't show up directly under the comment you approved - comments always show up in date order.   So if the comment was a long time ago, your reply will be separated from the comment by several others.

Also bear in mind that if you create individual replies that are one-liners, especially if they're just a "thank you", HubPages will delete them, because short meaningless comments can devalue a Hub. 

The best way is to write one long reply, citing the person's name for each individual response, for instance:

"Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them all so much.
    @sandyspider, I would recommend the blue fandangles for that application.
    @timsunrise, I've found a good solution is to soak the fandangles in a solution of apricot tea.
    @tinasparkles, it sounds like you're almost there but I'd suggest using the red farkleplanger instead"

...and so on.

Most of us have our Hubs set so we have to approve comments before they are visible on the Hub - that means they are listed under "Unmoderated" and it's easier to work through them.

1. weezyschannel profile image86
      weezyschannelposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes that's actually what I have been doing is putting the @john  and I always write a very long comment I probably write too much LOL.  But I just wanted to make it where I could directly reply to the comment that would be a lot easier and it would be easier for people to read the reply instead of searching for it if someone is looking at comments

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

No such thing as writing too much in a comment - provided of course that you're talking about the main topic of the Hub, and not going off at a tangent! 

I don't think the comments section is ever likely to be updated because comments are not a top priority on Hubpages.  After all, the great majority of commenters are Hubbers, and it's external readers who bring in the money.

working