jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

When did you last visit the Learning Centre?

1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 5 weeks ago

I have posted a few short blogs to Niume and I like the platform with some reservations.

One thing is patently obvious to me though is that they are doing a terrific job of helping writers how to write posts correctly and promote their posts with fresh interesting tutorial videos and regular posts to my mailbox. 

An increasing number of people are asking for help with their Hubs in the forum and I do wonder if these people even realise that there is a Learning Centre which exists on HubPages!   Do you think HubPages should adopt the same approach?

1. TessSchlesinger profile image91
      TessSchlesingerposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

This morning?

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 weeks ago

You can lead a horse to water but persuading one to write well is a lot harder, lol.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I had great success persuading one horse to write 'bucket'. I bet I could have taught it to write 'well' big_smile

sallybeaposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Persuading a horse to find the Learning Centre definitely won't teach him to read either.

2. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I can't ignore this pun. I tried but it eventually found the schoolboy in me. Burnt into my psyche, lol.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

big_smile Gotcha!

2. sallybea profile image97

Neigh...........Lol

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

The trouble with the Learning Centre is that it's vast.  It fosters the erroneous impression that HubPages is a place with "far too many rules" - surely it must have, if it needs so much explaining!

Perhaps it should be made more visible or more interesting.  Many people learn better when something is visual.   A video or two might be helpful!   The 'rule book' concept is a killer, a video or two would be far more refreshing.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image91
      TessSchlesingerposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

There is that. Also when I am looking for something in particular, it is sometimes difficult to find. I tend to google it with site:hubpages.com. Easier to find.

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 weeks ago

If someone is serious about learning to write then the learning center is not a big read. It is hardly a degree course, and if you want to succeed online you will need a degree level understanding of what is involved.

So, a few years practice and with any luck, you will know what you are doing.

5. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 5 weeks ago

To be honest, never.

*runs and hides*

smile

working