I'd like feedback on my Hub: Do you know what's in your water, NYC?

1. Matt Costantino profile image79
    Matt Costantinoposted 5 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Do you know what's in your water, NYC? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

Sorry, missed this one.

First, if you're using photos from Pexels, you don't need to paste a URL into the Source URL.  Just put Pexels.com in the Name of Source. 

Second, interesting article but a bit under-developed IMO.  Right now it reads more like a blog post than a magazine-quality article.  Do some editing and fix up the changes in tense, commas, quote marks etc.

I got confused by the first sub-heading.  I'd move it down to the paragraph that starts with "Trying to contact the DEP...".  It's not compulsory to have a heading on your first capsule.

Then I'd take your opening line, "Hexachlorocyclopentadiene and strontium. Finding this in your NYC water quality report may be a bit hard to swallow", and put it in a callout capsule to make it eye-catching.

It could use at least one more photo. You could also take a look and see if Youtube has any relevant videos, placing one at the end of the article is a nice way to dress things up and may keep the reader on the page longer.

1. Matt Costantino profile image79
      Matt Costantinoposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks!

working