jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Improve my Hub

1. Anita Hasch profile image78
    Anita Haschposted 6 weeks ago

Hi, my hub '10 Amazing Herbal Teas' was unpublished due to images not up to standard. I replaced
    the images but now apparently the quality is not up to standard. Please note that this hub was previously published with no complaints for months. Could somebody please be so kind as to give advice on how I can now improve the 'quality' of my hub. I need to have this hub passed as I see no point in adding more hubs when I have an unpublished hub. Thank you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago

Anita, one problem is that rules have been getting progressively tightened up for some time.  When standards change, HubPages staff don't go back and check every single old Hub to make sure they're OK.  Instead they spot-check.  So yes, it's perfectly possible for a Hub to be published for months without a problem, and then someone notices.

If you got an email telling you why the Hub was unpublished, there may be a link which you can post here so we can see it and comment.

Anita Haschposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Marisa.
      Apparently it is the quality. First it was the quality of the images which I removed and replaced with others. Then when my images were ok they said the quality of my hub was not good enough. I did some editing on the hub but still it has not been passed.

1. SheilaMilne profile image89
        SheilaMilneposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

If I'm looking at the right hub, you have an Amazon capsule for "Best Colon Cleanse for-Weight-Loss" which really isn't relevant to herbal teas. Try removing it, and then if that still isn't enough, I'd remove at least one, if not both, the others.

Thank you Sheila, will do so

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes I know, but we can't give you much help if we can't see the Hub.

When they send you the email, there's usually a link in the email which you can use to post on the forums, which means we can see the Hub and identify the problem.

As Sheila says, the most common thing is that you have irrelevant links or irrelevant products in the Hub.

Thank you Marisa. Did not realize that it could be the advertised products.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Actually it's one of the most common reasons Hubs do get unpublished!  It's absolutely critical to follow the rules for Amazon capsules (which I outlined on another thread).

working