jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Question about names?

1. 0
    Gabby Duranposted 5 weeks ago

I made this account some time ago and I don't know if I made my name my username, but I thought of using a pen name, but when I preview my work, on the side where it shows author information, it shows my pen name as well as my real name in parentheses. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

All you have to do is edit your profile. 

You'll see there is a box for you to type in your real name, but it's not compulsory - you can leave it blank.  If you typed your real name in there, just delete it and then save your profile.

1. 0
      Gabby Duranposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I thought you couldn't change your username once you set it up.  I think Gabby needs to contact the team about doing this to make sure.

1. 0
        Gabby Duranposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Actually, yes, that is the case, but I read you can't change your username so since it is my name I'll just publish things under my name

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
          calculus-geometryposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Your "Gabby Duran" account is only 3 months old and has only one article on it.  You might as well just make a new account with a different username if that's what you really prefer. Many people here have multiple accounts and it is not against the rules.  Best of luck with it. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

You can't change your username but you can choose whether to display your real name as well.  There's a box in your Profile for your real name, it's optional.

I thought the OP wanted to remove her real name and just use her username - maybe I read it back to front.

working