jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I would like to get some feedback on how to improve this hub

1. unvrso profile image88
    unvrsoposted 5 weeks ago

This hub, "Types of volcanic vents," was selected to be moved to one of the HubPages Network Sites; however, it needs some improvement.

According to the curator, this hub needs some improvements. It would be a great help if I can get some ideas from other hubers on how to make the necessary enhancements.

http://hubpages.com/education/Types-of-Volcanic-Vents

2. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 5 weeks ago

The curator should have given you some idea of what they think needs to be addressed. What did they say in the email?

Looking at your Hub:

~ I think it could benefit by making those images full-width.

~ You may need to get rid of those links at the end.

~ Proofread your Hub - while it is well-written and understandable you have some odd grammar and usage errors.

~ You have a few sentences that are a bit too long. Break up them to make them easier to read..

That's what I can see, but I have no idea what the curator wants.

In the future, please include a link to your Hub so we don't have to search for it. smile

unvrsoposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback. The curator mentioned the links of which I only have two and the pics, which are better accepted in full-width. Other than that is just that the article needs to be proofread for grammar and other errors.

Most of what you have mentioned is what the curator recommended.

I have started working on this hub, so it can be moved soon. I appreciate your feedback.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

If the Hub has been chosen to be moved to a niche site, then there is very little wrong with it, and I wouldn't be messing with it too much!  After all, you might change some of the very aspects they like.  The first part of the email is generic and it may not apply to you at all - the important bit is the section at the end where specific issues are mentioned.

You have three links at the end of the Hub, not two. In general, HubPages dislikes lists of links so you need to convince them these are worth having.  The main thing to remember is, don't link to the front page of a site - link to a page that's relevant to your topic.

1.  Change the heading of that section to "Further Reading".

2.  Describe them better:   

- Go to Volcano World and find a specific page that's relevant to your article, link to that instead, and write two or three sentences about what information you can find there.

- Link to the Volcanoes section of the US Geological Survey, not the front page.  Even better, find a relevant sub-section and link to that.  Again, describe in a couple of sentences what's there.

- retitle the "Volcanoes and Earthquakes" link by its correct name, NASA Earth Observatory, and then say something like "The Earth Observatory uses satellite information to provide imagery of volcanic activity.  The site has an interactive map which you can click to view current images."

One more thing - always use the Preview button and make sure you view your Hub in Mobile view. HubPages has said that's the way most readers are viewing the page nowadays.  You'll see that your quiz appears full-width as well, and loses its background colour.  It may look odd in its current position - I'd be moving it down to the end of the Hub.

unvrsoposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I might delete all the links to related information if needed. I preview the hub on mobil preview and the quiz seems right now.

Further reading seems like a good title for that section. I did some other changes to this hub. I hope it is transitions to the Network sites now.

You've given me some great feedback I appreciate your help.

working