jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Please tell me how to implement Amazon capsules

1. Skyler Saunders profile image79
    Skyler Saundersposted 4 weeks ago

I have been struggling to find the proper document through searches which explains how to utilize Amazon capsules in my Hubs. A step-by-step guide showing from start to finish would be ideal. I would appreciate some feedback on how best to employ this feature.  I thank you all in advance.

Sincerely,

Skyler Saunders

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

First things first, in your account go to Earnings and then Settings and make sure Amazon is listed as "active." If it isn't, click the configure button and activate it.

If it's active and you want to include links to Amazon products in your articles, you can do it one of two ways.  You can create normal text links, or you can insert a capsule for Amazon products the same way you insert capsules for text, images, video, polls, maps, etc. If you go the capsule route, it will include a picture of the product.

The most important thing is to be aware of HP's definition of spam.  If the Amazon products aren't central to the hub, they will likely get classified as spam and your article will not be featured.  For example, if you post a short story about a character who is eating Spaghetti-Os, you shouldn't insert a link to buy a can of Spaghetti-Os on Amazon.  On the other hand, if you're writing a how-to about building a time machine using nothing but cans of Spaghetti-Os, then it is acceptable to link to them.  Better to error on the side of caution.

1. Polycap profile image79
        Polycapposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for a fairly detailed response. I have learned a thing on what constitutes a spam when adding amazon capsules

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
          calculus-geometryposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

I'm assuming you are already signed up for the Amazon section of the HP Earnings Program.

If so, then it's just a case of adding the Amazon capsules to your Hub and then choosing products to put in them.

Skyler Saundersposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes.  Please instruct me on how to do this, exactly. Thanks!

3. firstcookbooklady profile image83
    firstcookbookladyposted 4 weeks ago

while in your hub pages template, look for the link that says amazon. It's like the link you click on the add text. or a photo. but says Amazon. then. edit it. if you wish to add a product, type a keyword, or if you go to amazon and find your product, copy and paste the URL from that page into your amazon capsule. then save.

Skyler Saundersposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you, again.

working