jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Wrong Side Up

1. Margaridab profile image78
    Margaridabposted 5 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Wrong Side Up. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image92
      theraggededgeposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Cute idea for an article, but not sure how much traffic it would attract.

The problem with your hub may be the images. You can't just take images from the web and republish them without permission. https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use

For example, the photo of the Chevrolet appears on a page with  a copyright notice on the bottom. You could receive a DMCA notice or even a bill for using it. If you have permission to use them then it's best to say so at the beginning of the hub - just so that the QAP peeps can see it.

Hope that helps.

Margaridabposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Via thanks very much for your answer!

2. Robert Sacchi profile image87
      Robert Sacchiposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

You may want to rethink the title, "Wrong Side Up", seems to general.  You may want to write some details about some of the images.  What reason do they give for this article not passing the QAP?

Thanks for the help. I'm going to think about other title

2. DrMark1961 profile image91
    DrMark1961posted 5 weeks ago

Margarida, when we write article they are listed on the search engines and ranked. One of the ranking factors is page load time, and your page has so many images that loading is way too long.
    When Google notices the slow load time, they will bury your page back in the search results. Even if someone was looking for upside down houses, they would have to look down 15 pages (for example) to find yours.
    Even if you do find all legal images, I think you should have a lot less on the article. If it is ranked way at the bottom no one is going to find it.
    I did load it and enjoyed it.

Thanks so much for your opinion! I'm going to make changes.

2. Robert Sacchi profile image87
      Robert Sacchiposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

It seems this Hub needs a large number of pictures.  Is there a way to post the pictures on the Hub but speed up the load time?

1. DrMark1961 profile image91
        DrMark1961posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I think the best way is by putting up thumbnails, which is what she has already done. I think the problem is that there are so many.
        Some of my hubs that compare dog breeds have several pictures for each dog breed so I can understand wanting to use more. It is just that we need to work with the search engines on this if we are to expect good page rank.

Margaridabposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I'm going to delete some. Thanks for your interest.

2. Margaridab profile image78

I think I have to make some choices and delete some..

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

Please take raggededge's warning about copyright pictures seriously.   It's quite rare for writers to be chased for using photos without permission, but when they are, the penalties can run to thousands of dollars!   Not worth the risk. 

I have a Hub about using photos legally, you'll find it on the slider on my profile.

Go into edit mode, click Preview and look at the Mobile view.  HubPages wants that view to look great, because that's the way most readers are viewing our Hubs these days.  I think your Hub may look peculiar in Mobile view and that may be what needs fixing.   

I agree with others about your title.  If you want Google to include your Hub in search results, Google needs to know what your Hub is about - and the title is a big part of that.  Writing online, you need to forget everything you learned about writing catchy titles - they don't work.  You need to have a title that tells Google what the Hub is about.  That may be a bit more boring but it will be a lot more effective.

Finally, HubPages is getting very strict about links to other sites.  Take a look at the links you've got and ask yourself whether they are adding real value to the reader experience.  If not, delete them.

Thank you very, very much! I'm going to review all.

working