jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)

Which type do you prefer?

1. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

What type of hub do you prefer to read? Humorous, how-to, advice, entertainment, etc.?
    What draws your eye more often and which do you look for?

1. Lgali profile image49
      Lgaliposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I like all but gin is the best

2. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

I dunno really. I just lurch around hubpages like a drunken bum.

I'll go away Janetta and try to come back with something approaching intelligence smile

3. profile image0

Is it just me froggy, or are all your posts today about being drunk?  hehe

1. frogdropping profile image86
      frogdroppingposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I thought about it Janetta. I'm like a drunken bum.

I know that's not quite as intelligent as maybe you or I had hoped but at least I'm now approaching the vertical again.

Yes big_smile

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
        GeneriqueMediaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Put in such a nice day at the vodka spout she woke up still in a stupor. ;P

I like to read various things...I dunno, I browse through many Hubs. I generally read anything based on its topic and what its about and how the Hubber puts ish together.

G|M

4. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 8 years ago

i think froggy is writing such posts to gain popularity ,

well ,
    good done froggy ,

you were gaining popularity.

No Shreekrishna, 'fraid not. Such objectives require more than one brain cell.

I have one less than two. I am also still semi-inebriated from a night on the tiles last night.

Therefore I'm honest. And unashamed as to what I do on Thursday evenings. Because kerb-crawling has a whole other meaning when you mix vodka with innocuous amounts of a rather good red wine smile

1. profile image0
        shreekrishnaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

another best joke.

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image59

Again with the were?! Did froggy die?! NOOOOO! Say it ain't sooooo!

G|M

P.S.
        cindy: I've a fishing pole, now all I need is to find suitable bait. wink

P.S.S. Red wine makes me not feel good in the morning.

P.S.S.S. "I once saw a whino on the street eating a bag of grapes; I was like dude, you've got to wait!"

I'm dead? No wonder I feel all hot and crispy. Damn.

P.S.S.S. - afternoons too.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image59

Do I smell chicken? Or chicken substitute, perhaps?

EGGS!

2. profile image0
          Janettaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Poor froggy, smooshed by a car while curb crawling. Poor, inebriated froggy.... Never drink and hop, my friend.

5. cindyvine profile image88
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

I'm attracted by a catchy title and then will only read the whole hub if the first paragraph grabs me.  I have quite eclectic tastes and will read anything if it hooks me.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image93
      Everyday Miraclesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

What "hooks you?"

I know how to write. What aggravates me is that sometimes I don't do what I know is right. We aren't talking morality here, we're talking about writing. So I guess that somewhere in the back of my mind it isn't such a big deal.

I wonder, are some of my hubs beginning to fail because they aren't drawing people in? Or are they failing because they aren't catchy enough?

6. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I enjoy reading areas I don't really know about or specific areas (poets). Expand my knowledge base and style of writing. I like those that write like I am sitting right there smile

7. profile image0

Seems most everybody is pretty eclectic. I am too, I guess, but my faves are the funny ones. I enjoy anything helpful on topics I am interested in though.

8. Aya_Hajime profile image61
    Aya_Hajimeposted 8 years ago

Most of the time I go looking for hubbers rather than hubs. I also like the funny ones most smile

9. Christa Dovel profile image88
    Christa Dovelposted 8 years ago

I really enjoy informative hubs that have a story with them.

Robertsloan2 has some good examples of this, with his art.  Frieda Babbley and Tom Rubenoff  also are excellent this way. 

I am also enjoying LondonGirl's historical hubs.  They are well arranged, good graphics, and plenty of information -- almost too much for one sitting.

1. gr8archer45 profile image80
      gr8archer45posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Christa, Frieda & Tom are brilliant hubbers, however Often I just browse around for interesting topics hub to hub. But I do read & very often comment on a hub I like. I feel positive comments truly act as a boost to the writer

working