jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Increasing Your Traffic With "StumbleUpon"

1. Farawaytree profile image88
    Farawaytreeposted 5 weeks ago

If you haven't yet tried posting your HubPages articles to this site - you should do so today and see if it boosts your traffic - I've had great success with this over the last 2 days.

2. UnnamedHarald profile image94
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 weeks ago

Just a note about adding a page to StumbleUpon. You must pick one topic about your page, but there are a bazillion topics and they are not in any order (e.g. alphabetical).

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

StumbleUpon used to be popular for promoting Hubs but unless it's having another "moment", I think it's long past its heyday and not worth doing.   You will get some initial interest from people but they're only hoping you'll stumble their stuff too, and it doesn't have much "reach".

1. mts1098 profile image83
      mts1098posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

agree...That is my findings as well over a 4 year period

4. Farawaytree profile image88
    Farawaytreeposted 4 weeks ago

It's looking good for me, however... Thanks!

5. eugbug profile image93
    eugbugposted 4 weeks ago

You may be lucky if your material is popular, but personally I've had virtually no traffic from Stumbleupon. Also if you post too many backlinks to hubs (and this applies to Reddit also), you can be shadow banned without knowing it.

6. Fitri Asanti profile image61
    Fitri Asantiposted 4 weeks ago

honestly I still have trouble using his

7. revolutionbjj profile image93
    revolutionbjjposted 4 weeks ago

I view SU in the same vein as Tumblr or Digg.  Not fantastic, but not very time consuming, so usually worth a share.  Every now and then SU surprises me with like 50 views in a day, but that's about it.

8. Farawaytree profile image88
    Farawaytreeposted 4 weeks ago

When used alongside Flipboard - it's definitely worth it...

9. revolutionbjj profile image93
    revolutionbjjposted 4 weeks ago

Flipboard has been considerably better of late.  It's the best "new kid on the block" for driving external traffic (for me, anyway).

10. Chriswillman90 profile image90
    Chriswillman90posted 4 weeks ago

It's worth a try, agree that Flipboard has been the best thus far even though it doesn't add a ton of  daily views. What I would give for an article or two to go viral.

working