jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Help! Red skull on hub!

1. ptosis profile image78
    ptosisposted 4 weeks ago

I don't get it, It's an aged hub  with 98 comments on it, "People Users, Abusers, Manipulators & Sociopaths"?

So I see a Red Skull on it and click the link at the bottom to show what's the problem. It comes back:

"Please address the moderator set alert below before submitting this Hub for publication.

Links to Prohibited Site

This Hub contains prohibited promotional links, or links to a site that may be difficult for visitors to navigate, such as:
            Sites that contain window confirmation boxes that interfere with site navigation, for example when clicking the back or close buttons, or that redirect users to unwanted websites
            Affiliate or promotional links in subject areas containing a high proportion of low quality or promotional content (for example, forex, acai berry, MLM, weight loss, etc)
            Links to thin eBook sales pages and lead capture forms
            Links to sites that contain links to any of the above

If you would like to make changes to the Hub in order to bring it into compliance, please do so and then click the Submit for Publication button. We will review your Hub, and if appropriate, republish it. This process can take up to 72 hours. Hubs without substantial improvement will not be republished, and we will be monitoring any changes made to Hubs after republication.

This Hub needs to be revised before it can be published.
    QUESTION:
    ////// There are ZERO links highlighted for me to correct! What am I supposed to do? Remove all of them at once? I have no clue since non are highlighted. Isn't the offending links supposed to be highlighted?

Thanks. Confused and frustrated.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

Edit the hub and see if there's a dropdown message at the top which identifies the link. Otherwise, check all your links and ask yourself if each one is really necessary. 

You could also paste all the links here and we'll tell you which ones aren't allowed.

1. ptosis profile image78
      ptosisposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

There was nodrop down orI wouldn't be asking this question.

I did go through every link and there were two that went  404, So the notice should've been 404 but it wasn't an actual 404 it was the domain was up for sale.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure there isn't a separate warning for broken links, prohibited links encompasses all kinds of links that don't work.  So get rid of those 404's and see what happens.

1. kbdressman profile image92
          kbdressmanposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Marisa's right, there's a separate warning for broken links.  I believe http://hubpages.com/relationships/addictivepersonality is the appropriate hub?  If so, it must be one of the photo links as I don't see any other links on the hub.  I'd just double check each link, update any that might be problematic and see what happens.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 weeks ago

A link to the hub would help so we can 'wayback' it.  perhaps the link is in an image source link?

working