jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Fixed Broken Link, Alert Remains

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 4 weeks ago

So, there was a broken link on one of my Hubs and I replaced it with a good (and relevant) link but the alert for the broken link is still there on the list of Hubs on my account page. I don't really care if it stays there unless it leads to other problems.

Also, I have another Hub that shows the broken link alert but that link has always been a good one and I've preferred to leave it in the Hub because it actually has crucial information in it. It's been like that for a long time and I have always just left it like that.

I guess I'm just curious if this can lead to any problems or is it just the little broken link icon remains on the account page and doesn't matter that much.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I've always had to return to the site later and reopen the page to find the message removed. Don't worry about it until it has been on more than 24 hours.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Did you go to the "Broken Links tab at the top of your "My Account" page? I have found that the icon goes away if I do that, but not if I just edit the hub and replace the link.

3. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks, folks. I went in and deleted the link and then put it in again and everything's fine, warning disappeared.

However, still have that alert on that old Hub. Maybe I'll go back to that one and see what I can do.

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Just went in to that old Hub and deleted the link and put it back in, fixed it and the alert is gone on that one too.

So, problem resolved.

working