I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Kingston Trio, Unique and Influencial Folk Grou

1. James M Becher profile image60
    James M Becherposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Kingston Trio, Unique and Influential Folk Group. Pared the Amazon links down to only 2.  What else can I do to improve it? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi James,

Try removing the Wikipedia links for the time being, and then adding them back one by one. HP is not keen on hubs that rely on external links to provide information that could be in the hub itself. You are sending people off the site right through the hub - "For more see...".

I'd also break up that very long second paragraph. It would be a bit intimidating to read on a phone.

Clean up that song list by using a table. You don't need the quotes either; it's clear that they are song titles. As it is, it probably appears messed up on a mobile device with lines broken up.

Be careful about lifting text directly from Wikipedia - that will cause your hub to be unpublished for plagiarism. All writing should be in your own words unless you are including a direct quote. I'm looking at the Wiki page for the band and although your wording is different, the information is exactly the same. So you are competing with Wikipedia for the same keywords. You are even using the same phrasing, for example 'calypso-flavored'. HubPages is getting picky about regurgitated Wiki articles.

Hope that helps.

working