jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

10 Amazing Herbal Teas

1. Anita Hasch profile image79
    Anita Haschposted 3 weeks ago

10 Amazing Herbal Teas

Could somebody please assist with this hub. I have tried everything to get this hub to be accepted. First problem was the images. I replaced the images so that is no longer a problem. I have also taken out my summary of the products advertised. Thought maybe they don't like how I did the summary. My hub still does not pass. Before I remove this hub I would like to try one more time. Maybe somebody with more
    experience can see what is wrong with it.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image79
      SakinaNasir53posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Anita, can you post the link to your hub? ☺

Anita Haschposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you SakinaNasir53. Hope you can help.
        http://hubpages.com/health/8-Amazing-Herbal-Teas

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image79
          SakinaNasir53posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Marisa has given sound advice. I agree with her completely.
          They don't allow so many amazon capsules now, unless they are absolutely essential or directly related to the topic.
          I feel your title could be different. Your hub is more about making different teas.
          Your images are nice but add the source name/URL to them. HubPages needs to know the source.
          You could also add an appropriate video. Polls are great too!
          I hope this helps. Good luck! ☺

Anita Haschposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you Sakina. My hub has now been approved. Appreciate all the help.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Anita, you need to use the link provided in the email from HubPages, to make a post on the forums. Otherwise we can't see it.

I'm just guessing here, based on your other Hubs, but I suggest taking a close look at your Amazon capsules.

I looked at "Improve Your Health with Herbal Teas".  That one is published, but it might be because you haven't edited it since the standards changed.  I can see problems which could result in it being unpublished if they notice it.

You have an Amazon capsule for a cinnamon tea.  You do have a paragraph about cinnamon tea, BUT you don't say why you recommend that particular brand of cinnamon tea.  That's the key to using Amazon capsules - you need to say why you recommend that particular product, not just "I like cinnamon tea and here's a random one I found on Amazon".  Otherwise it's not allowed.

Same problem with the capsules for other teas.

Things have changed, and you are not allowed to use a ratings capsule unless it's a recipe.  So there's another potential problem - you can't ask people to rate "herbal teas" in general. If you had a special recipe for a particular herbal tea in the Hub, you could put a ratings capsule next to that. 

I don't see any obviously illegal photos on that Hub, but looking at another Hub on Apple Cider Vinegar, you have one illegal photo, from Dreamstime.  It's covered in watermarks and therefore not allowed, plus you could be sued!  So that's another thing to look at on your Herbal Teas Hub (get photos from Pixabay.com or Pexels.com instead). 

Tip - you do the right thing with products on the vinegar Hub, but it would look a LOT neater if you put the review of the product in the "description" section of the Amazon capsule, OR make the Amazon capsule full-width and put the review in a text capsule above it.

Always remember to use the Preview button to see how your Hub looks, and make sure you check the Mobile preview because that's the most important one.

1. paradigmsearch profile image92
        paradigmsearchposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Long time, no see.

Edit: for me.

2. Anita Hasch profile image79
        Anita Haschposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this
  2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

OK Anita, you shouldn't need me to tell you what's wrong with this Hub - it's the Amazon capsules.

You say why Gingko Biloba tea is good for you, but you don't explain why you're recommending THAT PARTICULAR brand of Gingko Biloba tea.  If you can't do that, then you can't have the capsule.

Your Hub is about teas, not pills. So you can't have an Amazon capsule advertising a green tea supplement.

Those are the things which are preventing your Hub being published. HubPages is very, very strict about Amazon products.

A few other points:

Sort out your headings.  For each tea, have a main heading which is just the name of the tea.  Then within the capsule, have a sub-heading "Benefits", and another sub-heading "How to Make (name of tea)"   

I don't agree about the images. Apart from your first image, your other images are of ordinary tea, not herbal tea.    You have them on other herbal tea Hubs too and they're inappropriate. 

I did a search for "herbal tea" on Pixabay.com and Pexels.com and found heaps of lovely images. You can use the images from both those sites without having to give the source URL.  Just put Pixabay in the source name if you wish.

Thank you for your help Marisa. I did not realize the Amazon capsules needed to be just about tea, and not about supplements. So relieved that my hub '10 Amazing Herbal Teas.' has been passed. I have learned a lot from everybody.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I hope you've got the message now, Anita.  If you are going to use Amazon capsules, then the product must be connected to the title of your Hub.

Yes, I am going through all my hubs as I have the time. Thanks

working