jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Expanding Photos

1. Alyssa Nichol profile image85
    Alyssa Nicholposted 3 weeks ago

This phrase has me a bit perplexed. Can anyone give me some direction on what the editors mean when they ask that you "expand your photos."  I've had this request on two of my craft tutorial hubs. I took all of my own pictures and edited them before uploading to my hubs. I'm not sure what is meant by "expanding" - whether I need to show more of the entire picture, as in less cropping, or if something else is meant entirely.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 weeks ago

When hub is in edit mode, the photo capsule has 3 green arrows: up, down, horizontal. Clck the horizontal one, it will make the photo size change from half to full or vice versa.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

What they mean is, make the photos full-width.   I'm assuming that right now, you have them right-floated down the side of the Hub.

HubPages tells us the great majority of our readers are viewing Hubs on mobile devices.  That means they say Hubs in Mobile view.  HP's mobile view is primitive, and simply makes all capsules full-width.  The problem is that photos become full-width ABOVE their related paragraph, not below.  Whereas if you have a set of instructions with photos, you need the photo to appear BELOW the related paragraph.

Edit your Hub and take a look at it in Mobile view, you'll see what I mean.  Edit it so it looks best in Mobile view.

4. Alyssa Nichol profile image85
    Alyssa Nicholposted 3 weeks ago

Okay. That clears it up. I should be good then.

Thank you, paradigmsearch and Marisa for your feedback!

smile

working