Hubs Eligible to be Moved

1. Athlyn Green profile image93
    Athlyn Greenposted 3 weeks ago

I keep getting notifications that my hubs have been selected to be moved. Then a non-specific list of improvements. Now, for longer hubs, this is cumbersome. Trying to wade through 1500-2500 words to hoping to get it right, just doesn't work for me. It would be far more helpful and time-saving if the specific areas within the hub could be flagged, and then one could go in and make the specific changes, instead of trying to guess what is wanted.

I can't see doing this for each article. Sorry.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

The email that you get is generic, BUT there is usually a sentence at the end which provides specific advice.

They want you to check the article for the generic points BUT what you really need to fix is that specific issue or issues. 

I can understand you not feeling you have time, but bear in mind the editors are looking at hundreds of Hubs. They want that specific issue fixed, but they also want you to do a sanity check on the whole article, because they don't have time to nit-pick every little spelling error or misplaced capsule.

The main things to look at, in my experience, is to go into edit mode and check your Hub in Mobile preview.  For older Hubs, you may not have done when writing them originally - now HubPages tells us it's crucial because most of their views are coming from mobile devices. If you've used right-floated capsules,  you'll find they often appear in the wrong place in mobile view and spoil the Hub.

working