jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Feedback on Hub: Wirelessly Controlled Implanted Drug Delivery Device

1. janderson99 profile image85
    janderson99posted 3 weeks ago

I have no ideal why this hub keeps getting unfeatured:
    http://hubpages.com/health/Implantable- … to-Reality
    => no products
    => only one link to source scientific paper
    => high quality image (public domain)
    => no spelling mistakes tried 'implanted' and 'implantable' no luck
    => no grammatical errors
    => sensible layout
    => over 900 words
    => title changed several times
    Why????

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

When you say it "keeps" getting unFeatured, are we talking about unFeatured for Quality or unFeatured for Traffic?

I agree, I can't see any reason why it would be unFeatured for Quality.  I imagine it doesn't get much traffic, though, as it's more of an academic paper than written in a style that would interest the general public.

3. calculus-geometry profile image87
    calculus-geometryposted 3 weeks ago

The title and content read like an advertisement, not an impartial purely informational article about these systems.  I read it all the way through and feel like the whole thing raises more questions than answers.  If I were googling this topic and came across this article, I would want more details about how it works and how it is controlled, and a lot more on the drawbacks. Can these devices be hacked? Probably. The disadvantages are only briefly mentioned at the bottom. 

One way to make it more balanced is to explain more about the history of the devices and who invented them, facts and figures on how many people have them implanted.  That way it would sound less like an ad and be more useful.

But, do as you like. Maybe all it needs get featured is more pictures.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I just read it again and I agree it reads as recommending this type of device - but I don't see how it can be an advertisement, when it doesn't mention any brand names. 

I do wonder about the image, I can't see how a product image can be public domain, but I doubt HubPages would be looking at that.

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
        calculus-geometryposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

It reads like an ad, mention of a particular brand is pretty much the only missing ingredient.

2. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 3 weeks ago

It is a money or your life issue, to an extent, but I reckon Dr John is as qualified as the average pop science hack to write about it. I read it and was genuinely interested. Congrats to the author. Incomprehension for the ban unless it is part of blanket ban on drug articles.

working