jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Brexit Impacts All Of Us

1. Nicholas Mohollen profile image79
    Nicholas Mohollenposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Brexit Impacts All Of Us. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image92
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

You are competing with sites with greater authority, so to make your article attractive to traffic you need to find a unique angle.

Your hub could do with livening up, format-wise, so have a look at the Learning Center for tips: https://hubpageshelp.com

I do question your claim that 'Brexit has been a huge disaster with regards to the economic and political state of the UK'. Brexit hasn't happened yet and there were always going to be political and financial waves after the vote. Personally speaking, as a UK citizen, life continues on much the same as usual. You don't have a crystal ball, so be careful of making wild predictions based on opinion, rather than fact.

It's always good to finish an article on an 'up' rather than a 'down', so see what you can do. As a reader, if I finished the article with a groan, I wouldn't be inclined to read any more of your writing.

1. Nicholas Mohollen profile image79
        Nicholas Mohollenposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I made some edits to my tone as well as backing up opinions. I think this is much better, but I still put in some of my thoughts on the direction I think the economy and politics will/could go. If you could provide anymore feedback that would be great. I keep getting shot down by the QAP and I'm not sure how much more I can do to keep this article published. Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

1. theraggededge profile image92
          theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I would but it's unpublished so I can't see it. Did you break up the text into smaller capsules? Just try to make it look pretty.

https://hubpageshelp.com/features/Learn … tured-Hubs

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

The ratings capsule is for use in recipes, you can't use it in an ordinary article and your Hub won't be approved if you do. 

Break your text up into several capsules and place your images between those capsules, not both at the bottom.  Right now your text is one big indigestible lump! 

Fix those two issues and you should have no problem getting the Hub past QAP. However, a word of warning:  HubPages is not a particularly good place to write about current affairs. While you'll get a lot of reaction from other HubPages members, the Hubber community is actually very small, so the attention will soon peter out. HubPages is really a place to write evergreen articles - articles that won't date and will continue to be useful to people for the long term.   If you enjoy writing about news, you may want to look at DailyTwoCents.com

3. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 3 weeks ago

Brexit is an issue which will drag on for a long while. The withdrawal process could take a couple of years and has not even begun yet. Perfectly good subject for a page.

4. daydreams profile image91
    daydreamsposted 3 weeks ago

I think you need to break it down into more paragraphs and headings- it would make it look more interesting.

But not sure it is a good topic for a hub - there is loads out there on Brexit so I think you need an original angle at least.

working